Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #331
Justin
Jedi Order

It just struck me i didn't look at my SC team today!

I had 400K in the bank and was going to do two upgrades!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #332
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Whoa what happened there?
oh, I hope I'm not giving you the impression that it's really scandolous, it was just about some people saying that people are driving up the price of art, and that we shouldn't be allowing artists to get away with it etc.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #333
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
sorry guys, my mind's in a few places at the moment so you'll excuse me if I'm being a little spaced out.

Hey Rod, I wanna say that I'm glad you posted something in a thread about how you've worked for your cash and can spend it however you see fit. I didn't want to rock the boat too much, yeah, I don't wanna hear people whine about how they can't get things out of their monetary reach.
Hey, thanks for the props on that mate. I knew that posting it meant I was putting myself out on a limb a little and I'd probably change a few peoples perception of me, but I'd hit a breaking point of sorts. I just don't think anyone has the right to question anothers spending habits, when they dont know a damn thing about them or how hard they work to get that money.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #334
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
$400 is a LOT of money, 3G should only ever be used when talking about mobile phone coverage!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #335
abarron
Batman

Quote:
sorry guys, my mind's in a few places at the moment so you'll excuse me if I'm being a little spaced out.

Hey Rod, I wanna say that I'm glad you posted something in a thread about how you've worked for your cash and can spend it however you see fit. I didn't want to rock the boat too much, yeah, I don't wanna hear people whine about how they can't get things out of their monetary reach.

I am gonna whinge that i can't afford stuff but i aren't gonna Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga! about what people spend if they can afford it.
Great if someone wants to pay $3K for an AH sketch but i aren't gonna do that.

Rod and everyone else that has the money to get what they want I say more power to you.
I just wish i was in a similar position but that is their fault that i can't buy what i want to
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #336
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
yeah, as Wrothy posted, Finch is asking something like $600 for overnight pieces. I have to know what level of detail that would command, if it's just throwing in calves and feet...
It's such a tricky one isn't it! I've been debating whether to go two "lesser" quality pieces or one higher one....

You looking forward to the trip mate? Silly question I know....I can't wait! Have you been to Perth before? This will be my first time
Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #337
Justin
Jedi Order

Random question, do you guys feel bad when you get facebook friend requests from people you went to school with and you just don't remember them? I got one today and i could just not recall the girl! I felt terrible because she reckons we hung out in the same circles!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #338
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Whoa what happened there?
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=117795
Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #339
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Hey, thanks for the props on that mate. I knew that posting it meant I was putting myself out on a limb a little and I'd probably change a few peoples perception of me, but I'd hit a breaking point of sorts. I just don't think anyone has the right to question anothers spending habits, when they dont know a damn thing about them or how hard they work to get that money.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #340
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
$400 is a LOT of money, 3G should only ever be used when talking about mobile phone coverage!
$400 is indeed a lot of money! Sometimes I can't believe that some forum members here spend so much on pieces so frequently (you probably can't tell by my tone, but I'm really not having a go at them).
When did I, the dentist, become the poor one?!?

the answer - us Asians are tight.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote