Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #8741
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sideshow better send out my Thanos on Monday or they will hear it. They charged me on Tuesday and pulled my money and they have yet to ship it out yet. I’m pissed. I could have paid for it this week coming instead. You don’t pull my money and then wait a week to ship it out and that’s assuming that they do on Monday. It’s a load of crap.
I feel your pain brother. That does seem like an excessive wait. I can't remember anything I've ordered from them taking that long to ship after being charged. My Thanos print was just charged yesterday afternoon and it shipped last night. Hey, at least your statue was charged, I'm still waiting for that. The agony of my wait for Thanos goes on
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #8742
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi everyone. I got my Thanos Ex a few days ago and I wanted to check in and get some advice on something.

For the most part, I am very happy with the statue. I looked it over and don't see too many visible problems that worry me, but there was something wrong with the molding on the inside left side of the chair where the arm rest goes into place. I'm not sure if it's a molding/casting issue or a chip/damage or whatever but I wanted other people to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

I first noticed it when a part the paint application fell off on the side where the magnet goes. Has anyone ever had similar problems? Is it something that will get worse later on down the road or cause any kind of problems with the magnet sliding into place. I really hate the idea of sending it back, especially since I'm pretty happy with it. It's definitely a defect but not anything that's noticeable once the piece is all set together. Should I contact Sideshow or do you guys think this is maybe a little normal within the hobby to get something wrong like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0215.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	110805   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0216.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	110806   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0217.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	110807   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0218.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	110808   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0219.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	110809  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0220.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	110810  
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #8743
actionjackson83
Midnighter

it's not going to get worse if that's what you're asking, unless you consistently pull that part in and out of its socket like 50 times a day. If you set it once and forget it, you will never have a problem with it. if you want to be safe you can even reseal it with some clear coat since it's inside where you can't see it.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #8744
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
whats the brand of your rotating roundtable?
Linky
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #8745
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
whats the brand of your rotating roundtable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That's the one! Anything smaller and the statue will hang over the edge.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #8746
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
yeah dude, if the statue looks good just keep it. You never know what you'll get in an exchange, you could end up trading one issue for a potentially worse one with a replacement.
good point hahaha
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #8747
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Hi everyone. I got my Thanos Ex a few days ago and I wanted to check in and get some advice on something.

For the most part, I am very happy with the statue. I looked it over and don't see too many visible problems that worry me, but there was something wrong with the molding on the inside left side of the chair where the arm rest goes into place. I'm not sure if it's a molding/casting issue or a chip/damage or whatever but I wanted other people to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

I first noticed it when a part the paint application fell off on the side where the magnet goes. Has anyone ever had similar problems? Is it something that will get worse later on down the road or cause any kind of problems with the magnet sliding into place. I really hate the idea of sending it back, especially since I'm pretty happy with it. It's definitely a defect but not anything that's noticeable once the piece is all set together. Should I contact Sideshow or do you guys think this is maybe a little normal within the hobby to get something wrong like that.
I don't think this looks like an issue. You should be fine. IMO, not worth the hassle of getting SSC involved.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #8748
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sideshow better send out my Thanos on Monday or they will hear it. They charged me on Tuesday and pulled my money and they have yet to ship it out yet. I’m pissed. I could have paid for it this week coming instead. You don’t pull my money and then wait a week to ship it out and that’s assuming that they do on Monday. It’s a load of crap.
I have one that was paymet processed last week on the 12th and it still has not shipped.

I was told on a live chat yesterday that there was a delay getting the entire first batch into the warehouse and I would get a shipping notice next week.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #8749
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
I have one that was paymet processed last week on the 12th and it still has not shipped.

I was told on a live chat yesterday that there was a delay getting the entire first batch into the warehouse and I would get a shipping notice next week.
I was told in a live chat a couple days ago that the first shipment was quote "SUPER tiny". So to those who received theirs first you're lucky.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #8750
XMAN
Ultron

c
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote