Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #921
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That Bmutha pic is the perfect pic IMO. Absolutely love her there.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:44 AM   #922
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Lets all go back to a simpler time, a time when all loved this statue (pending price), a time when hope was abundant, a time just last week. LOL

I am really surprised Sideshow allowed these photos to be used. they have horrible lighting and as we saw at comic con this statue just shines in good abundant lighting. Even the base in these 2 pictures doesn't even look like the same color.

That’s the thing we have to try to angle this to hide her face by displaying her sideways more so. This reminds me of xm Phoenix the first one. We need a custom head! Hopefully ss will tweak the face
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #923
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I hope they provide some good information tomorrow on her engineering. I still think Rogue and X-23 are the top two X-Ladies.
Yeah, what would really upset me is if they just gloss over it, or if the lead designer doesn't show up and makes Susan try and answer all the hard questions.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #924
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

[QUOTE=Shaughn54;5638563]Lets all go back to a simpler time, a time when all loved this statue (pending price), a time when hope was abundant, a time just last week. LOL

I am really surprised Sideshow allowed these photos to be used. they have horrible lighting and as we saw at comic con this statue just shines in good abundant lighting. Even the base in these 2 pictures doesn't even look like the same color.
[QUOTE=Shaughn54;5638563]

No! stop making sense! I had decided!

Last edited by Tayto_0; 07-31-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #925
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That would require more time, and time = money
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #926
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
That’s the thing we have to try to angle this to hide her face by displaying her sideways more so. This reminds me of xm Phoenix the first one. We need a custom head! Hopefully ss will tweak the face
I 100% agree about the XM phoenix heads, but not the rogue. The reason these photos are from the side arent to hide her face, they are to better showcase her flying. Here are some better head on ones that make her look great with proper lighting

Old 07-31-2018, 10:54 AM   #927
adee
Green Arrow

I agree, these new pics aren't doing her any favors. She looked way better at the show. I'm sure the ex head would look a lot better with better lighting too. Those pics just aren't very good.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #928
Shaughn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
No! stop making sense! I had decided!
I went through this same issue with XM storm. I never knew lighting could so drastically change the way a statue looked, from paint color, down to expression. Makes me think SS had these photos already set and ready to go before Comic Con and that they need to fire that photographer. Professionally staged pics should never look worse than amateur (sorry if some if you are professionals) pics through glass with glare all over it.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 AM   #929
Shaughn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I agree, these new pics aren't doing her any favors. She looked way better at the show. I'm sure the ex head would look a lot better with better lighting too. Those pics just aren't very good.
Scary thing is, is that these are the pictures that they are going to use to promote ordering Rogue on their website. I dont know if we will ever see the EX in good lighting until in hand pics. Not sure how great the lighting will be for the live show.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 AM   #930
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I can't think of a single EX SS has revealed this year that I felt was a must have. I guess for the Green Arrow purists that's probably one, but not for me. The point of an EX is to get customers to order directly through SS right? Maybe because so many customers order the regular from their site Sideshow doesn't care about offering must have EX's. This seems nuts to me.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote