Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-05-2023, 05:41 PM   #161
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

An example of camera lenses.

romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 05:45 PM   #162
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Well, what is funny is they originally said they "checked all their stock" and all were the same as mine. When I asked for a pic they miraculously found one with blue eyes and said I could have that one. Then once my return was back to them, I got a notice that my return was on hold while they check stock. I was thinking Oh boy, probably an incoming cancellation notice, figured they were screwing me over and sent the one they gave me pics of to someone else. Hope they actually sent a good one this time, though to be fair the first one wasn't their fault and they are out big $$$ for shipping both ways.

My hair was dark on the previous piece I sent back.
What an ordeal! I would be ANNOYED. Well, hopefully you get this all sorted out.

That’s good to hear with the hair, so it could just be lighting and pics. I’m still on the fence, but leaning more towards getting this. The face is spot on, still unsure about the hair.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 PM   #163
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
I'm not a camera expert, but to be fair, sticking the camera in anyone's face and adjusting the lens can make anything look good or bad, so I'm not entirely convinced by that second picture.
Truth. The picture is definitely distorted, the face is not this extremely skinny lol. It was posted for referencing the eye issue. Not to compare one piece to another.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:18 PM   #164
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
An example of camera lenses.

Wow...THIS is amazing!...
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:24 AM   #165
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Despite the lenses, Infinity is the worst i have ever seen with punching accurate hair and more so, in styling. The color of their hair from piece to piece is never accurate, and in this case is such a short mullet on Cavill, it would be very hard to wash and restyle with any type of curl or wave. The eye thing happens when cheaper eyes are made and the acrylic was not mixed properly and through time and temperature will turn yellow. SO, they are not doing it on purpose, i promise you all eyes are blue when they leave, but by the time they go across the ocean and get to port, the change has usually happened.

I am not surprised QUEEN has announced that they will be using GLASS EYES from now on, so that this issue does not happen or cost them returns. Also, one thing more that really bugs me about the infinity bust is the hands, those are not Cavill's hands, they just got someone with large hands and cast them. The second i look at them i cringe and say Cavill has Chinese hands on his English body from a big guy. also one other thing, they are not even in the same realm for punching accurate looking eyebrows, they always look so , off.....

That being said, i have no doubt the new infinity superman from Zack Snyder's film looks amazing, but even in that dark photo released, i can already tell the HAIR IS terrible and not styled right, but looks long enough if someone is inclined to wash and possibly cut and restyle, but most will not take that chance. I have found that QUEENS PRODUCTION pieces are ALMOST as good as prototype and consistent. Infinity is doing much more cool pieces and love the whole torso, but queen is much better at busts, and the few where they put arms on like wonder woman and captain America, were done really well and i just wish they would continue that because their is no excuse for the price to jump over 1000 in 3 years with busts that don't even have arms IMO.

that said, all these busts are a fraction due to materials used and large edition numbers compared to a few or one off by an elite local artist in states or some other countries with big names. A FRACTION. Until queen came along about 4 years ago or so, there was no real option besides custom jobs that cost anywhere between 8 to 15000 usd for a custom made life size platinum silicone bust. ONLY die hard fans with a lot of money could afford more than one or two busts.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:38 PM   #166
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Despite the lenses, Infinity is the worst i have ever seen with punching accurate hair and more so, in styling. The color of their hair from piece to piece is never accurate, and in this case is such a short mullet on Cavill, it would be very hard to wash and restyle with any type of curl or wave. The eye thing happens when cheaper eyes are made and the acrylic was not mixed properly and through time and temperature will turn yellow. SO, they are not doing it on purpose, i promise you all eyes are blue when they leave, but by the time they go across the ocean and get to port, the change has usually happened.

I am not surprised QUEEN has announced that they will be using GLASS EYES from now on, so that this issue does not happen or cost them returns. Also, one thing more that really bugs me about the infinity bust is the hands, those are not Cavill's hands, they just got someone with large hands and cast them. The second i look at them i cringe and say Cavill has Chinese hands on his English body from a big guy. also one other thing, they are not even in the same realm for punching accurate looking eyebrows, they always look so , off.....

That being said, i have no doubt the new infinity superman from Zack Snyder's film looks amazing, but even in that dark photo released, i can already tell the HAIR IS terrible and not styled right, but looks long enough if someone is inclined to wash and possibly cut and restyle, but most will not take that chance. I have found that QUEENS PRODUCTION pieces are ALMOST as good as prototype and consistent. Infinity is doing much more cool pieces and love the whole torso, but queen is much better at busts, and the few where they put arms on like wonder woman and captain America, were done really well and i just wish they would continue that because their is no excuse for the price to jump over 1000 in 3 years with busts that don't even have arms IMO.

that said, all these busts are a fraction due to materials used and large edition numbers compared to a few or one off by an elite local artist in states or some other countries with big names. A FRACTION. Until queen came along about 4 years ago or so, there was no real option besides custom jobs that cost anywhere between 8 to 15000 usd for a custom made life size platinum silicone bust. ONLY die hard fans with a lot of money could afford more than one or two busts.
I'm looking to commission a Margot Robbie Harley Quinn bust since Infinity dropped the ball. Can you recommend an artist? One who is likely to nail her likeness. Life size busts seem to be your area of expertise.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:00 PM   #167
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post

Oh man, you’re quite the elitist lol. For once, can you back up your big talk with actual photos of these $15,000 custom busts you ALWAYS speak of? Let us see what the big difference is. I’m getting sick of hearing you repeat this over and over on “TRUST ME BRO”.

Also, what are “Chinese hands”?
Old 02-06-2023, 04:24 PM   #168
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Oh man, you?re quite the elitist lol. For once, can you back up your big talk with actual photos of these $15,000 custom busts you ALWAYS speak of? Let us see what the big difference is. I?m getting sick of hearing you repeat this over and over on ?TRUST ME BRO?.

Also, what are ?Chinese hands??
TRIGGERED much?? I dont give two sh*ts if you do not like hearing facts about the custom artist silicone bust and statues that have been around for 25 years, or the cost of them. I dont need to "prove" myself to you or anyone for that matter. Anyone with the slightest intelligence could look up "any" elite artist from Bob Causey , Mike hill, Jordu or Nick M and ask them for a quote on any given custom piece and depending on the artist, for a custom piece to a one off, THAT IS YOUR PRICE. IF.......if you actually had any experience buying these custom busts, you would know and agree on my "FACTS", but the fact you dont and are being extremely rude demanding me to back this up, proves you dont know a thing.

If you want pictures, then look up their past work, I dont need to go and take a picture of any of my pieces to prove myself to such an ignorant and defensive angry or jealous collector. DO YOUR homework, instead of lashing out at collectors who have been in this collecting hobby before collecting silicone busts ever entered your mind.

AND Chinese hands is exactly what one would think..............one of the Chinese employees at the company in CHINA had their hands life casted who had hands roughly the same size of a big guy like CAVILL. Not hard to figure out as they are not going to sculpt hands, so quit trying to imply some sort of meaning or agenda when their isnt one.....move on. I have shown a FEW of my custom pieces over the years, just because you have not seen these doesnt mean I am going to jump and post my private collection of pieces that are one offs just to "prove" facts to you. Would you also like receipts too?

GROW UP! Oh and one other thing, these are prices from most artists from 5 years back. Anyone who knows me personally knows what type of quality and busts/torso and full statues I collect, at present I have over 25 and that is considering I have sold close to 15 of them over the years on top of many full statues of beasts and creatures, including a one off life size queen alien made out of high quality fiberglass, would you like to know how much that cost to??
Old 02-06-2023, 04:29 PM   #169
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Oh man, you?re quite the elitist lol. For once, can you back up your big talk with actual photos of these $15,000 custom busts you ALWAYS speak of? Let us see what the big difference is. I?m getting sick of hearing you repeat this over and over on ?TRUST ME BRO?.

Also, what are ?Chinese hands??
I can't comment on 90% of what he wrote......but, I can well believe the point about 1:1 Hyper realistic busts being a commission only thing, and the $15k actually seems very plausible (imho, I'm no expert).

I remember about 10 years ago, trying to find a commission sculptor to do a 1/4 Mass Effect piece, and I'm talking about something on par with Sideshow quality....even back then I was getting "quotes" upwards of $10k....suffice to say, I didn't hit the button back then....damn, if only I could have seen the future....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:31 PM   #170
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'm looking to commission a Margot Robbie Harley Quinn bust since Infinity dropped the ball. Can you recommend an artist? One who is likely to nail her likeness. Life size busts seem to be your area of expertise.
Hey mate, there are a few more and some lesser elite artists out there, but the names I dropped in my response to the ignoramus above, is 4 guys that could all nail the likeness factor, more so Bobby, Nick or Jordu for sure.I have used just about every elite artist you can think of or heard about over the years, every artist has thier strengths and weakness depending on what character you are after. I have used about 12 different artists over the years for various projects and they are all great. cheers