Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #801
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I ended up going with the XM piece. Really love the details on it compared to Sideshow's.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #802
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I ended up going with the XM piece. Really love the details on it compared to Sideshow's.
Same.

There are some parts of the SS Cyclops I like, but I found it overall underwhelming. Unfortunately, it sounds like this piece was bought mainly to complete a collection or pairing.

Cyclops is the leader and one of the most famous X-Men. He's centerpiece potential. Sideshow should have put more of an effort into this. Look at how beautiful their Gambit and Green Arrow turned out. We know Sideshow could have done more.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:08 PM   #803
kvsm23vs24
Frackin!

Agreed. I bought it and like it, but as mentioned dude is the OG leader. Having more details in his suit would of been dope. XM is real awesome
kvsm23vs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:17 AM   #804
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sideshow Cyclops is better than XM one.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:57 AM   #805
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

I usually prefer Sideshow pieces but for Cyclops it wasn’t even close for me...XM all the way. SS should’ve had Daniel Bel do one similar to his RCB Cyclops...that piece was a killer.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #806
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I think that he is to low for being the field team leader of the X-men. I feel that he needs to be fully upright , maybe with his head straight up spaying his beam. People are right when they say that this is just like a companion piece. I’ll be honest, I picked up the SS one because I live I. The states and it was much cheaper.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #807
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

As much as most of my collection of 1/4 scales is Sideshow I think the XM is much better. I understand these pieces are subjective but it seems like the XM is the clear winner to me. I don’t feel like that about Gambit or Colossus. I think both have merits. Looking forward to XM Rogue, however, I think they will have a tough time beating Sideshow. Wish I had got Rogue but I missed her. As for Emma there was no competition. XM beats everything Sideshow has and I have 3/4 Emma pieces from Sideshow.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #808
built2shred
Phoenix

Both companies have their hit and misses with X-Men Characters, In the XM thread I posted my first completed shelf of X-Men which is a mix of XM and SS pieces... I picked the best from each company, of course not everyone will agree with my picks as everyone has their own opinions and preferences...

For me I wanted to match the bases as best as I could and try to match the art styles of the statues which was a more realistic look vs comic book style look... Taking the best from each company is the way to go IMO...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #809
nearmint
Phoenix

That Colossus base looks enormous.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #810
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Both companies have their hit and misses with X-Men Characters, In the XM thread I posted my first completed shelf of X-Men which is a mix of XM and SS pieces... I picked the best from each company, of course not everyone will agree with my picks as everyone has their own opinions and preferences...

For me I wanted to match the bases as best as I could and try to match the art styles of the statues which was a more realistic look vs comic book style look... Taking the best from each company is the way to go IMO...
I did the same. I found the SS really plain when I saw it in person. I waited to make a decision on a Cyclops until the Sideshow piece was at a local dealer's. I paired the SS Wolverine with the XM Colossus and Cyclops and he looks to fit right in with the rocky/Sentinel base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That Colossus base looks enormous.
It is, but so is Colossus.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote