Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #571
azurepred
Zot

he does take a long time to do things, but you gotta be on a painters ass when it comes to this stuff. I've had too many people try to screw me. Obviously, it's a case by case thing, but a 1/4 head shouldn't take longer than 6 months to do, so take advantage of paypals policy. In this case, I do think his country is doing crazy ---- with covid and making it hard to ship things out right now.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #572
gearhead
The Herculoids

Just got this guy in and love it. However, I have some weird paint dots on his skin within the rips on the back of his shirt. Anyone else have this? I looked at a few youtube videos and it didn't look like those had the dots.

I contacted Sideshow and asked for a replacement and got the "hand painted differences" crap response and that they couldn't guarantee a replacement would be any better. Basically they denied the request but said I could get a refund if I wanted.

Now I'm torn. I like the statue and it's within my skill to fix the dots, but part of me wants to send it back just because of that sh*t response.

So, if others of you have these dots as well I'll probably let it slide and fix it. If not, and mine is actually messed up, I'll likely return it and MAYBE find a way to order another one and take another shot at a good one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3884.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	134270  
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:10 PM   #573
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Just got this guy in and love it. However, I have some weird paint dots on his skin within the rips on the back of his shirt. Anyone else have this? I looked at a few youtube videos and it didn't look like those had the dots.

I contacted Sideshow and asked for a replacement and got the "hand painted differences" crap response and that they couldn't guarantee a replacement would be any better. Basically they denied the request but said I could get a refund if I wanted.

Now I'm torn. I like the statue and it's within my skill to fix the dots, but part of me wants to send it back just because of that sh*t response.

So, if others of you have these dots as well I'll probably let it slide and fix it. If not, and mine is actually messed up, I'll likely return it and MAYBE find a way to order another one and take another shot at a good one.
Lol, it’s that healing factor at work.

If it bothers you, then get a refund. However, how often will you see that area of the piece anyway?
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #574
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

One more payment to go!!! I can't wait to have this in hand.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #575
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:

I just looked at mine and at first I didn't see anything. Then I looked very closely and there are very faint little dots like yours but barely visible on mine. Looks like they went a bit heavier with the dots on yours

IMO this is minor and if the rest of the statue is perfect I wouldn't ask for a replacement. Plenty of stories where the replacements have been worse!

Edit: If it really bugs you, and you're adventurous you could take a pink pencil eraser and gently work the dots. It will take some of the paint off the top and make the appearance of the dots more subtle. You can also try a cotton swab with a dab of rubbing alcohol on the tip, dab it on the dots and gently work the area with a dry cotton or microfiber cloth.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #576
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:

Ah that's pretty Wack! Either go full bloody or send it back. F them
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #577
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I just looked at mine and at first I didn't see anything. Then I looked very closely and there are very faint little dots like yours but barely visible on mine. Looks like they went a bit heavier with the dots on yours

IMO this is minor and if the rest of the statue is perfect I wouldn't ask for a replacement. Plenty of stories where the replacements have been worse!

Edit: If it really bugs you, and you're adventurous you could take a pink pencil eraser and gently work the dots. It will take some of the paint off the top and make the appearance of the dots more subtle. You can also try a cotton swab with a dab of rubbing alcohol on the tip, dab it on the dots and gently work the area with a dry cotton or microfiber cloth.
That's true too lol
Might buy it again and get a real stinker
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #578
gearhead
The Herculoids

This is not my first rodeo. I would have got the new one first and mixed and matched for the best outcome and sent the other back. But like I said, I can fix it, and that is the path of least aggravation. I was mostly just curious to see if anyone else’s looked this way too.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:33 PM   #579
BurningRage
Inhumans

You got the chickenpox ex.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #580
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

That’s ridiculous. If you can fix it keep it. It’s a great piece. But I’m also tired of SS’s take it or leave it attitude.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote