Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #1961
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sorry if it's been covered but do those Gladiator shelves say Gladiator on both sides? That's really the only thing I don't like.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #1962
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sonicobra that is a dope setup! Everything looks good and I have not seen that use of materials/combo before. Looks great!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:18 PM   #1963
Asgard
Deadman

The next showcase is almost ready. Each lamp can be controlled by color. I still need ultra-flat lighting for the underside of the shelves.

An Ikea Platsa is located on the left and right. The middle part where Sonja stands is 180 cm long and 80 cm high. Depth 40 cm.
I also have to worry about glass. Dusting statues every week is a bit annoying.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:18 PM   #1964
Asgard
Deadman

The next showcase is almost ready. Each lamp can be controlled by color. I still need ultra-flat lighting for the underside of the shelves.

An Ikea Platsa is located on the left and right. The middle part where Sonja stands is 180 cm long and 80 cm high. Depth 40 cm.
Under the 180 cm board is a 180 cm long U-steel to avoid bending. In front of the U-steel I also attached a wooden strip to attach things if I want that (LED, ..)

I also have to worry about glass. Dusting statues every week is a bit annoying
Old 09-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #1965
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Custom Display

So I have been in negotiation with a cabinet maker about a Custom Display Curio Cabinet and I am considering there offer.

The Curio's Cabinet would be made entirely of Red Oak and Glass, with Mirror Glass in the back.

The dimensions are 76 inches tall, by 40 inches wide inside with 3 - 16 inch deep glass shelves that are 3/8 inch thickness capable of supporting at least 60 pounds per shelf and 2 display lights at the top for 2100 hundred dollars.

This was bargained down price as they original want to charge 2500 hundred. I realize I could go with something far less expensive, even with a moducase, but I do like the idea of real wood and strong glass set up.

My question is, for the kind of Custom Display here, is the price fair?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Display.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	133389  
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:24 PM   #1966
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

I also have to worry about glass. Dusting statues every week is a bit annoying.
dusting is the big issue for me, so im always looking for cabinets where i can insert glass doors. i clear my room often but i have a very thick carpet which traps more dust around.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:06 AM   #1967
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Custom Display

So I have been in negotiation with a cabinet maker about a Custom Display Curio Cabinet and I am considering there offer.

The Curio's Cabinet would be made entirely of Red Oak and Glass, with Mirror Glass in the back.

The dimensions are 76 inches tall, by 40 inches wide inside with 3 - 16 inch deep glass shelves that are 3/8 inch thickness capable of supporting at least 60 pounds per shelf and 2 display lights at the top for 2100 hundred dollars.

This was bargained down price as they original want to charge 2500 hundred. I realize I could go with something far less expensive, even with a moducase, but I do like the idea of real wood and strong glass set up.

For me, curio cabinets hide too much of what you are displaying. I’d be more inclined to have a build in constructed.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:58 AM   #1968
Bad Protocol
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I’d be more inclined to have a build in constructed.
GREAT ADVICE!
Bad Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #1969
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Custom Display

A bit pricey. You won't regret it in the long run. Especially with the mirrored backs. I have 5 curious myself.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #1970
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
dusting is the big issue for me, so im always looking for cabinets where i can insert glass doors. i clear my room often but i have a very thick carpet which traps more dust around.
I would also like to attach glass doors.
I only have wooden floors with no carpets and a small vacuum robot. Since then, the dust in the rooms has decreased significantly.