Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #101
Lockdown
Mephisto

Why not 3 options?
Version A ( wheelchair)
Version B (hoverchair)
Version C all inclusive at a discount. Ship both versions separately or try to combine both into a bigger box(shipping will be huge).
Same with Cyclops
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #102
aa909
The Green Hornet

xm is providing these options to address complaints about "high shipping costs". Translate that to "we have a lot of customers in the US who pay direct shipping costs out of pocket because we don't have authorized dealers in North America".

I love XM but this is the white elephant in the room. if they were selling majority of their stuff in their licensed regions through authorized local retailers then this would not be the issue that it's being made out to be. But when US customers are paying $300-$400 for 1 XM box, then you are going to lose a ton of US sales if your XM statue has 2 boxes.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #103
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yup
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:57 AM   #104
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Why not 3 options?
Version A ( wheelchair)
Version B (hoverchair)
Version C all inclusive at a discount. Ship both versions separately or try to combine both into a bigger box(shipping will be huge).
Same with Cyclops
For Professor X they are thinking about a Set of A + B, cheaper together. No need for Cyclops, you get it with B.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #105
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Seeing this just makes me appreciate my gambit PF even more. Sideshow really killed it with Gambit, and his portraits. While the pose is cool here, his portraits look horrible
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:16 AM   #106
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Seeing this just makes me appreciate my gambit PF even more. Sideshow really killed it with Gambit, and his portraits. While the pose is cool here, his portraits look horrible
Just wait for better pictures.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:18 AM   #107
captoz
Nightwing

As much as I think XM has nailed many characters compared to Sideshow pieces, in my opinion the SS Gambit will be extremely hard to top. It’s still my favourite PF of all from them.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:54 AM   #108
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Gambit with the Long hair portrait easily looks the best so far. Short hair doesn’t go well with the statue somehow. Metro just looks better with Long hair.

Sideshow Pf was a lot more on the rugged side, so was the custom which looked more jacked up. I think I prefer this to the ones alrdy out on the market for consumers that are looking for a metro representation.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #109
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The overall presence of SS Gambit is hard to beat. It may have a simple X base but they manage to capture every aspect of him down to the last hair strand. And he is of the few statues where in the mixed media works best.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #110
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Gambit with the Long hair portrait easily looks the best so far. Short hair doesn’t go well with the statue somehow.
I feel the same way about these portraits. Painted up I do really like the colors they used, but i agree with others, I dont think it quite has the presence the SS version does, but also I haven't seen it in person.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote