Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #31
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

Way, way, way overrated. I love the first pirates movie and couldn' hardly stand the all over the place story lines in this one. Way too many subplots and the whole wheel fight scenes should have been edited out completey along with the whole 20 minute island scenes that had absolutely nothing to do with anything.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #32
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Saw it yesterday. Liked it.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #33
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I also saw this yesterday with the kids. They had a blast and I enjoyed it as well. Maybe not as much as the first but still it was a nice diversion for a couple of hours plus. The special effects were great too.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:04 AM   #34
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammingy
I haven't watched it, yet...
but I think I should watch it this month!!!
your not missing much ..........
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:42 AM   #35
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith lord utinni!
Way, way, way overrated. I love the first pirates movie and couldn' hardly stand the all over the place story lines in this one. Way too many subplots and the whole wheel fight scenes should have been edited out completey along with the whole 20 minute island scenes that had absolutely nothing to do with anything.
it all ties in with the computer game
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #36
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Saw this yesterday with the family. We had fun. This is not going to win Best Drama, so enjoy it for what it is.

I did not like the ending. Been there, done that with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future 2. Movies should not end in cliffhangers.

I also agree the Hampster Wheel scene was overdone. It gave you the same feeling as the overly long pod racing scene in Star Wars: Episode One.

Since the first movie came out, my wife and I have watched all the British "Coupling" episodes. She quickly picked up on Jack Davenport as the former Commodore.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #37
Captain Late
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
I have never seen any of these. Which is the best? Are they worth seeing. I have a prob. with Depp, so that's why I've skipped them.

Well this movie leans toward sucking but what's the problem with Depp? He's high on my list of the best actors out there... Check out Donnie Brasco or Ed Wood or Dead Man if you like Jarmusch, he's fantastic in pretty much everything.... The first Pirates is very entertaining, this one is overblown and extremely mediocre...
Captain Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #38
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

i watched edward scissorhands the other day, and that film hasn't lost one bit of it's magic.

Gotta be amongst my top depp films. Great music by Elfman, plus it was vincent Price's last film
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:17 PM   #39
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Late
Well this movie leans toward sucking but what's the problem with Depp? He's high on my list of the best actors out there... Check out Donnie Brasco or Ed Wood or Dead Man if you like Jarmusch, he's fantastic in pretty much everything.... The first Pirates is very entertaining, this one is overblown and extremely mediocre...
Agreed, I watched this film yesterday and was constantly asking myself when it would be over. For all of those people who hated Superman because it was a long drawn out version of the first film, at least they waited 30 years before giving it to us. I just watched this same Pirate film 3 years ago, but at least it was new, shorter, and a bit more developed back then. This film didn't introduce anything new to the story and almost seemed to devolve the main characters to silly archtypes instead of continuing to develop them like they did in the first film. I don't consider it a waste of money, but I would have been happier going to see Superman again instead.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote