Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #121
Halcyon
Loki

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I was kinda "meh" about this line from HMO, but I have to admit, they're killing it. I can't say the same for P1 who epitomize the word "failure" in respect to WH40K
Hi SL,
I am a big fan of the W40K DOW pcgames (especially the first two, played them grey) and the ingame models used.

Really considered ordering the P1 spacemarine, but when eyeing the complete preview pics. I could not get past imo a few 'flaws/big disappointment' P1 made with their design (end decision).
It is like they made a 1/4 plastic model and put a heater/lighter at all the corners and skulls, so the crisp edges&details are gone and it just looks totally melted.
Also not a fan of any lava stream on a base (99% weird and fake).

If they kept all the details tight (with only some damage&ricochet marks), day one PO.
Bcs the pose with bolter and chainsword is ace!

Can't find good youtube P1 space marine in hand/unboxing vid, like to know how it turned out.
Hope P1 and HMO will continue with wh40k, but can't wait yrs and yrs anymore. Just want two perfect WH statues now.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #122
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just got an email saying there getting ready to ship gman

And that there considering doing sea freight Which the shipping for that will be $230-$250 vs air freight Which the shipping for that would be over $500 due to the weight of the box Which is 30kg

I don’t mind waiting a bit longer for the sea freight cause over $500 for shipping by plane is nuts so I hope they do sea freight.

The shipping will be different for everybody

These are the shipping costs I was sent.

If anybody got any info please share if you could.
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:55 PM   #123
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hi SL,
I am a big fan of the W40K DOW pcgames (especially the first two, played them grey) and the ingame models used.

Really considered ordering the P1 spacemarine, but when eyeing the complete preview pics. I could not get past imo a few 'flaws/big disappointment' P1 made with their design (end decision).
It is like they made a 1/4 plastic model and put a heater/lighter at all the corners and skulls, so the crisp edges&details are gone and it just looks totally melted.
Also not a fan of any lava stream on a base (99% weird and fake).

If they kept all the details tight (with only some damage&ricochet marks), day one PO.
Bcs the pose with bolter and chainsword is ace!

Can't find good youtube P1 space marine in hand/unboxing vid, like to know how it turned out.
Hope P1 and HMO will continue with wh40k, but can't wait yrs and yrs anymore. Just want two perfect WH statues now.
It's because they are basing it off of DOW3 which overall had a more cartoony and soft look. The proportions are also a bit off due to the smoothness, the SM is a bit lankier then he should be, not as detailed. A lot I don't like :| If it was the only option I probably would have gone with it... but with HMO and the Silverfox it was a definite pass for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
I just got an email saying there getting ready to ship gman

And that there considering doing sea freight Which the shipping for that will be $230-$250 vs air freight Which the shipping for that would be over $500 due to the weight of the box Which is 30kg

I don’t mind waiting a bit longer for the sea freight cause over $500 for shipping by plane is nuts so I hope they do sea freight.

The shipping will be different for everybody

These are the shipping costs I was sent.

If anybody got any info please share if you could.
I received the same email, I think that was just a general email to all people who had orders as a heads up, not a specific shipping quote.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #124
Angronsrage1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It's because they are basing it off of DOW3 which overall had a more cartoony and soft look. The proportions are also a bit off due to the smoothness, the SM is a bit lankier then he should be, not as detailed. A lot I don't like :| If it was the only option I probably would have gone with it... but with HMO and the Silverfox it was a definite pass for me.

I received the same email, I think that was just a general email to all people who had orders as a heads up, not a specific shipping quote.
Ok cool and I really hope they do ship it by boat cause over $500 for shipping is really high.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #125
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Ok cool and I really hope they do ship it by boat cause over $500 for shipping is really high.
I'm sure they are, as they said air freight isn't that quick these days due to how backed up they are. I just think they want to show their reasoning so people wouldn't flip out. Sea freight can be rough though... 2-3 months sometimes and I always worry the whole time ;p They may end up giving an option on waiting if they can stomach it, small shop though with no recent POs so cashflow might be difficult for that option. Currently waiting on something that was shipped by sea to me, it's been 83 days so far :|
Old 05-25-2020, 06:26 PM   #126
Angronsrage1

Quote:
I'm sure they are, as they said air freight isn't that quick these days due to how backed up they are. I just think they want to show their reasoning so people wouldn't flip out. Sea freight can be rough though... 2-3 months sometimes and I always worry the whole time ;p They may end up giving an option on waiting if they can stomach it, small shop though with no recent POs so cashflow might be difficult for that option. Currently waiting on something that was shipped by sea to me, it's been 83 days so far :|
Yeeesh that is rough

Hopefully you get it sooner than you expect

But yeah the wait is crazy long but I don’t mind for a reasonable price on shipping And it comes in one piece.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:30 PM   #127
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Yeeesh that is rough

Hopefully you get it sooner than you expect

But yeah the wait is crazy long but I don’t mind for a reasonable price on shipping And it comes in one piece.
I should be getting it soon, it has finally landed in the US so it's just going through USPS now so it should arrive sometime next week. Though I am worried about what customs did to it and damage... Anything national post always seems to have a rough time in customs, sometimes sitting there for weeks (and they don't update tracking most of the time). DHL, Fedex, UPS, etc always go through customs super quick (maybe they just declare it or something and do their own inspection?). And most of the USPS postal workers are very nice people, talking to the help line can be unhelpful often but that actual post office people are great from when I've had to talk to them. I've had to talk to customs twice though and ---- those people, they are such assholes.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #128
Angronsrage1

Quote:
I should be getting it soon, it has finally landed in the US so it's just going through USPS now so it should arrive sometime next week. Though I am worried about what customs did to it and damage... Anything national post always seems to have a rough time in customs, sometimes sitting there for weeks (and they don't update tracking most of the time). DHL, Fedex, UPS, etc always go through customs super quick (maybe they just declare it or something and do their own inspection?). And most of the USPS postal workers are very nice people, talking to the help line can be unhelpful often but that actual post office people are great from when I've had to talk to them. I've had to talk to customs twice though and ---- those people, they are such assholes.
Yeah thankfully no hiccups on my end god forbid cause that sounds like a nightmare.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #129
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Yeah thankfully no hiccups on my end god forbid cause that sounds like a nightmare.
Fortunately HMO will replace stuff if damaged, and they've been great about it in the past. One of their first pieces (Medusa bust) had a defect with the packaging which caused part of the head to be damaged, they fixed it and shipped out entire new busts easy. Of course new companies try hard to get loyal customers often but still I was impressed. Also those prints they were doing a while back were printed in low-res so they were all pixely. I put in a ticket and they refunded me on the spot and offered a correctly printed one at no cost for the trouble. I declined as I was pretty mad at the time and I didn't really want it in the end, for the price they were asking even if printed in the proper resolution I think they are way overpriced, but a refund was exactly what I wanted. Those other ones I have coming now I would likely not be so fortunate as to get replacements if they came damaged.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #130
Angronsrage1

Quote:
Fortunately HMO will replace stuff if damaged, and they've been great about it in the past. One of their first pieces (Medusa bust) had a defect with the packaging which caused part of the head to be damaged, they fixed it and shipped out entire new busts easy. Of course new companies try hard to get loyal customers often but still I was impressed. Also those prints they were doing a while back were printed in low-res so they were all pixely. I put in a ticket and they refunded me on the spot and offered a correctly printed one at no cost for the trouble. I declined as I was pretty mad at the time and I didn't really want it in the end, for the price they were asking even if printed in the proper resolution I think they are way overpriced, but a refund was exactly what I wanted. Those other ones I have coming now I would likely not be so fortunate as to get replacements if they came damaged.
I’m glad to here HMO takes care of there customers.

Gman is my first statue from them so I Hope first impressions are good lol cause I want to support there Warhammer 40k line cause there doing it right unlike prime 1.

such a missed opportunity.