Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-15-2019, 06:56 AM   #61
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
You still have other company who did warrior too.
Probably that version is for you. Myself I love the base and i saw it at shop today. The base has soo much references from the movie. Level2 logo, orange color piping with number on it and other cool small feature that only true fan will enjoy.
People complain about the base because I think they don't have the space for it. I don't think Prime 1 should stifle their creativity because some people can manage the size.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #62
Blade3327
Nightwing

The base just feels cobbled together. Were it more cohesive, I wouldn't have a problem. Size is fine.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #63
TheLostLogan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I really like this warrior and I don’t mind the pose because for most of the film these aliens were slightly hunched over anyway to make them appear more animalistic. I am also liking the choice to remove the lips as this appears more terrifying to me. The only part of this statue I’m not sure about is the acid on the floor... something seems ‘off’ about it.
TheLostLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #64
superdude
The X-Men

I don't know, for me the lips are such a signature part of the alien's look that it just looks weird for them not to be there. And are just one more thing making this look more like some generic, over-idealized comic book alien than anything we saw in the movie.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #65
Vader
Ghost

i love it. looks exactly like the prop.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #66
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I don't know, for me the lips are such a signature part of the alien's look that it just looks weird for them not to be there. And are just one more thing making this look more like some generic, over-idealized comic book alien than anything we saw in the movie.
Judging from the proportions and skin details, this looks to be a fusion of the suit and puppet, neither of which had lips. Only the animatronic.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #67
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
i love it. looks exactly like the prop.
Yes truly amazing piece. If you can see in person word cannot describe how awesome the statue is. I was speechless when i see it first time. Not only me but other aliens fan was there. They are all speechless.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #68
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
People complain about the base because I think they don't have the space for it. I don't think Prime 1 should stifle their creativity because some people can manage the size.

I have plenty of room, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather statue bases weren't unnecessarily large. This one is in terms of depth imo. The back part could be entirely removed and the over all statue wouldn't lose too much presence, and people who want it would gain a lot more potential display areas for it. They can be creative and not make them overly massive. They have demonstrated such with several of their Predators which have larger bases in a vertical sense rather than depth and width. The pose on this is slowly growing on me.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #69
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I have plenty of room, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't rather statue bases weren't unnecessarily large. This one is in terms of depth imo. The back part could be entirely removed and the over all statue wouldn't lose too much presence, and people who want it would gain a lot more potential display areas for it. They can be creative and not make them overly massive. They have demonstrated such with several of their Predators which have larger bases in a vertical sense rather than depth and width. The pose on this is slowly growing on me.
Warrior base is similar size as the Dog alien base by the way just a bit deeper only.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #70
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Warrior base is similar size as the Dog alien base by the way just a bit deeper only.

Yeah, the Dog base is really big, but at least he mostly fills it. The Dog is also horizontal. I just don't see why the rear of the base needs to be so big on this when there's no Alien above it, especially at a large scale.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote