Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #771
Tarksis
Justice League

Just released the ES for this guy:

400 Exclusive
800 Collector

Still has Polyresin as the only material, I will continue to watch. Fingers crossed
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #772
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Es is not bad for this ex. Looks like the new trend 400 ex for the big super expense ones. As mentioned many times ss does not need to sell more with the higher prices. They can get the same profits for selling double at lower prices. Less cost, qc control, faster shipping times, win, win all the way. Not to forget a better es for collectors. Maybe it's actually a great thing the higher these cost? More rarity and it's what many collectors want.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #773
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Es is not bad for this ex. Looks like the new trend 400 ex for the big super expense ones. As mentioned many times ss does not need to sell more with the higher prices. They can get the same profits for selling double at lower prices. Less cost, qc control, faster shipping times, win, win all the way. Not to forget a better es for collectors. Maybe it's actually a great thing the higher these cost? More rarity and it's what many collectors want.
Agreed!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #774
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

IMO, There’s such a glut of product these days that es is irrelevant anymore. There’s a crapload of companies and Everybody is making everything and custom teams that don’t even bother with licenses are everywhere as well.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #775
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
IMO, There’s such a glut of product these days that es is irrelevant anymore. There’s a crapload of companies and Everybody is making everything and custom teams that don’t even bother with licenses are everywhere as well.
Dreaming that p1 will one day get the marvel license in 1:3 and 1:4. With so much money involved it will happen sooner or later. Nothing is impossible once money is involved. Imagine a super well detailed with many switch outs for a p1 x-23, rogue, Psylocke, cable, etc... Just look at what they did to the 1:3 comic DC line.. Those eventually became the most detailed ultimate versions. I just took a look at p1 supergirl and mera on the site. I was shocked they were like 1099.00 this is crazy how a pf from sideshow 1:4 or maquette which is the same size as a pf hulk and is 1400.00. Wow what a crazy price point! It's ok though.... I will buy the p1 anyways over the pf because it's the ultimate version imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #776
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Just released the ES for this guy:

400 Exclusive
800 Collector

Still has Polyresin as the only material, I will continue to watch. Fingers crossed
I am really not surprised at the ES. At $1500 after tax and ship. We will always see a newer Hulk. It is a great sculpt by one of the best. Painted by a factory with the mass production standard. Is this really iconic? A center piece among many other center pieces being released? Hulk vs Alien Calamari. Get in my belly! Imagine if he was standing over Thor or the Surfer or Thanos or even Howard The Duck? I just see this as cool but not one of the greats.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #777
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I am really not surprised at the ES. At $1500 after tax and ship. We will always see a newer Hulk. It is a great sculpt by one of the best. Painted by a factory with the mass production standard. Is this really iconic? A center piece among many other center pieces being released? Hulk vs Alien Calamari. Get in my belly! Imagine if he was standing over Thor or the Surfer or Thanos or even Howard The Duck? I just see this as cool but not one of the greats.

Adding Thor or Silver Surfer would have been amazing! But it would have shot the price tag to the 2k mark as well.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #778
traind
Fantastic Four

I think this is one of the very best Hulk sculpts ever done. And that's saying something because there have been a number of great Hulk statues.

The base doesn't thrill me but it is true to the story and doesn't really detract from the sculpt in my opinion. But intrinsic to the quality of this prototype is the paint. How closely the actual production statues match this paint is an important question at this price point.
traind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #779
Biggunz
Loki

Yeah they can keep it

For sure this ain't the Ultimate Gladiator Hulk

They want the big bucks they got to put up the goods
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #780
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traind View Post
I think this is one of the very best Hulk sculpts ever done. And that's saying something because there have been a number of great Hulk statues.

The base doesn't thrill me but it is true to the story and doesn't really detract from the sculpt in my opinion. But intrinsic to the quality of this prototype is the paint. How closely the actual production statues match this paint is an important question at this price point.
Agree, I like this a lot too but everything is riding on the paint app which will be NO WHERE near what this proto looks like.

Don't fool yourself wait for in hand pics.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote