Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #41
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
But sometimes it's not about you, maybe, just maybe they would like to see you regardless if you want to see them or not. You go, stick around for a couple hours. What is the harm in that?

There will always be family members who, for one reason or another, prefer to stay away from family functions. Sometimes families have to learn how to live without fully understanding why. Often enough, the speculations and assumptions which follow such decisions to exclude themselves are generally off the mark. Sometimes it's easier just respecting their choice and letting them go.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #42
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
There will always be family members who, for one reason or another, prefer to stay away from family functions. Sometimes families have to learn how to live without fully understanding why some members wish to exclude themselves.
And besides it's not like they know me and this is a surprise i've never been to a wedding,funeral,reunion,burial or anything with a family member so if they have a problem it's just that they have the problem.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #43
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Is there free booze?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #44
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
It's always about me I can't live my life doing things to please others that's not my nature.
Really, never would have picked that up. I am not saying that you should live your life everyday for other people, I am saying that take a few hours out of your entire life time and do this one thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
They should respect my wishes and all of them just leave me alone.
My brother the deacon is the exact opposite he is always meeting relatives and going to reunions and doing bbq's and parties.
He's very close with the family and I wish they would stay away from me.
Same parents with the same upbringing but couldn't be further apart.
Show me one family where everyone gets along perfectly. Doesn't exist. But where does it hurt to make a token appearance once every ten years or so for a few hours. I know you say you don't want anything from your family but someday you might.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote