Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #101
Mister H
Gen 13

From what I’ve been reading lately, how much longer will we be having comic books? Spider-Man or otherwise?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #102
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I read today that Disney was asking for 50%. I don't see why 50/50 is such a bad deal. Anyway, this sucks.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #103
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
From what I’ve been reading lately, how much longer will we be having comic books? Spider-Man or otherwise?
I think we'll still have comics just not like we used to. Digital is taking over and shops are probably going to convert to collectibles and memorbilla in order to survive. I don't think print as a medium is going to stay viable for comics too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I read today that Disney was asking for 50%. I don't see why 50/50 is such a bad deal. Anyway, this sucks.
I've also read they were willing to go down to 30%, the point in all this I've been making to people is that Disney was willing to negotiate, however Sony was not.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #104
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think we'll still have comics just not like we used to. Digital is taking over and shops are probably going to convert to collectibles and memorbilla in order to survive. I don't think print as a medium is going to stay viable for comics too much longer.

I've also read they were willing to go down to 30%, the point in all this I've been making to people is that Disney was willing to negotiate, however Sony was not.

That's why I hate Sony.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #105
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
The FF were historically important for Marvel, but Spidey is light years away from them when it comes to actual relevance ($), guys. No way is Marvel going to go all Ike Perlmutter on him.
I agree. No way were the Fantastic Four anywhere near as popular as Spider-Man has been. At most they had two monthly titles being published for a short time while Spider-Man at his peak starred in four for a very long time (Amazing, Spectacular, Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Tales).
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #106
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I agree. No way were the Fantastic Four anywhere near as popular as Spider-Man has been. At most they had two monthly titles being published for a short time while Spider-Man at his peak starred in four for a very long time (Amazing, Spectacular, Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Tales).
Also, Amazing, Web of, Spectacular and Spider-man I believe were all running at the same time in the early 90's.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:45 AM   #107
built2shred
Phoenix

After watching Spider-Man Far From Home and the ending credit scenes I'm not sure how Sony can continue this story without Disney giving them access to characters they don't have the license for. Sony can't use Nick Fury, any Stark Tech references, or even anything relating to the Avengers.

Either they continue the story with glaring omissions in it or they do a all new story and pretend Far From Home never existed.

It's obvious Kevin Feige has the secret sauce when it comes to making Marvel Movies and I doubt Sony will repeat the success of Far From Home without him.

I think Disney is making the right play, let Sony run the franchise into the ground again and then offer to buy back the license at a much lower price then what Sony would ask for right now after the success of Far From Home.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #108
Shoo
Hercules

[Deadline.com] Sony & Walt Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title With Superhero To Appear In Future Marvel Pics

Quote:

Sony and Walt Disney Studio’s Marvel, headed by Kevin Feige, have mended fences and will team on the third Spider-Man: Homecoming pic together with Tom Holland starring. Deadline always had a sense that there was a possibility that Sony and Marvel would come together on this. The third film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige in a statement. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

“This is terrific. Peter Parker’s story took a dramatic turn in Far From Home and I could not be happier we will all be working together as we see where his journey goes,” said Pascal. “This has been a winning partnership for the studios, the franchise and the fans and I’m overjoyed it will continue.”
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #109
Augen
Metal Men

Glad to see it after the cliffhanger.

"Additional film" I'm guessing is Avengers 5.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #110
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

YES!!!!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote