Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-08-2019, 04:32 AM   #31
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Well when your alternative in the states is $450 that tends to happen.

I think the Endgame "I Am Iron Man" statue might've helped those sales.
Actually that isn't the case. This dealer had these "exclusives" up last October/November 2018 as a pre-order and sold out of them at the $450 price, the only dealer in the US that had these available at the time. Then Sideshow this year scooped up some of the available stock "exclusives" delaying this dealers shipment (their words). This dealer has decent enough prices I am just wondering why the price is so high compared to others now. I am seeing them on eBay for $280 (obviously the Sideshow scalpers). Starting to think Iron Studios is a bit shady with their practices these days. They offer pre-orders, sell out and then re-offer or "extend" those pre-order windows. They offer exclusives, sell out and then re-offer more. I get it is a business but this is starting to suck that they advertise their products as being limited in number or exclusive and they turn out to apparently be more open ended in number and exclusive during certain months for a particular seller.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:18 AM   #32
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Actually that isn't the case. This dealer had these "exclusives" up last October/November 2018 as a pre-order and sold out of them at the $450 price, the only dealer in the US that had these available at the time. Then Sideshow this year scooped up some of the available stock "exclusives" delaying this dealers shipment (their words). This dealer has decent enough prices I am just wondering why the price is so high compared to others now. I am seeing them on eBay for $280 (obviously the Sideshow scalpers). Starting to think Iron Studios is a bit shady with their practices these days. They offer pre-orders, sell out and then re-offer or "extend" those pre-order windows. They offer exclusives, sell out and then re-offer more. I get it is a business but this is starting to suck that they advertise their products as being limited in number or exclusive and they turn out to apparently be more open ended in number and exclusive during certain months for a particular seller.
Oh boy. The dealer is blowing smoke. Iron Studios has legit distributors and Sideshow is one of them. Only the distributors that display the exclusives at conventions were allowed to sell them after Iron Studios showed them at CCXP in December. If the dealer had them up for PO before that it's because they are scalpers. I don't care what deals they have on their site or what collectors they hobnob with, that's what they are. Sorry if anyone gets butthurt over that but it is what it is. I know because I've been looking at IS for years before SS started selling the 1/10 statues and missed out on several pieces because of the cost.

This is very similar to how Sideshow sells Hot Toys Toyfair exclusives. People in China have to physically go to the event, just like people in Brazil have to go to CCXP to buy them. That's what makes it exclusive. Iron Studios doesn't sell it through their websites or physical store.

As Phoenix mentioned, the exclusives were available for PO through the Australian distributor earlier this year but that was because their convention season started earlier. It was the same in other countries that distribute IS. I'm not saying this as an expert but as someone who's been watching the process frustratingly unfold this whole time.

It's Sideshow and Iron Studios fault for not being more clear about that. I asked the question in the "Ask Sideshow Thread" months ago and never got an answer and this was way before SS Alex got mad at certain members here.

As for the open ended pieces they aren't numbered, but there is a definite limited run. From what I've seen nearly every company ships in batches. That's where the restocking comes in. There are plenty of us who collect the comic statues that have been wanting restocks for pieces that have never come back. It's limited, trust me. The only time I've seen them actually reissue something was with Ant-Man and Wasp, and I thought it was weird for IS to do so.

Sorry if I ranted.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

All three Exclusives have now arrived in Australia. That being the Mark 1, Bane and Ghost Rider.

At one point I thought we would get them all before the US, but I guess things got delayed and moved around.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #34
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Mark I is back in stock on SS.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #35
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Got it finally. Only complaint it’s slightly smaller than the other 1/10 statues.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #36
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I think this statue looks really great and it's an awesome tribute to how the Iron Man story began.
The statue is not that large but if you have run out of space like I have, this is no disadvantage at all.

Good stuff!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote