Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #11
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

They are life sized busts and the Alien 3 bust is available as a kit from Monsters In Motion (see link below). Not sure about the other one, but I'm sure you could pick it up as a kit from somewhere.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart...obby-kit-p-793
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
jkushwara
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
They are life sized busts and the Alien 3 bust is available as a kit from Monsters In Motion (see link below). Not sure about the other one, but I'm sure you could pick it up as a kit from somewhere.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart...obby-kit-p-793

Doh !!! Ah well.. win some, loose some Thanks for the confirmation Nidgit
jkushwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

The Alien 3 bust is a heavily modified head off of the old Halcyon Alien 3 kit, which was 1/9 scale. I have the 1:1 bust and it's totally different. The Alien (Big Chap) bust is a very nicely painted resin head produced in 1/9 scale as a modification kit for their vinyl aliens warrior. The kit came with the domed head pictured, as well as replacement arms and hands to transform the kit form an Aliens warrior to the Big Chap from the 1979 film.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Hi All

Can anyone identify the maker / sculpter of the 2nd alien (alien on the right side) in the image below :

Have never seen this before, found this pic on the net by accident.

Cheesr!
ALIEN
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
jkushwara
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsoldier View Post
The Alien 3 bust is a heavily modified head off of the old Halcyon Alien 3 kit, which was 1/9 scale. I have the 1:1 bust and it's totally different. The Alien (Big Chap) bust is a very nicely painted resin head produced in 1/9 scale as a modification kit for their vinyl aliens warrior. The kit came with the domed head pictured, as well as replacement arms and hands to transform the kit form an Aliens warrior to the Big Chap from the 1979 film.

Scott
Thanks for that Scott - looks like I should have stuck to my guns (and looked closer at that Monsters in Motion link - your right, not even close)
jkushwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsoldier View Post

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkushwara View Post
Thanks for that Scott - looks like I should have stuck to my guns (and looked closer at that Monsters in Motion link - your right, not even close)
I stand corrected Granted the pics on the MIM site are small (and rubbish) but I'd say as a kit they look very similar (OK the inner mouth is different, but that could be positioned differently), and paint work is always going to end up different. At a 1/9 scale I'd love to see more info on them too . . . have been scanning a huge range of sites and can't find anything even remotely similar.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Glad I could help. I'd love to own these scaled busts in my collection - the paint apps are incredible!

Scott
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote