Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #61
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Here is the version with the helmet high.

Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #62
Mezzanin9
U talkin' to me?

Yes...that's what I'm talking about next the weapon arh....please do swords or anythin else but spears...
Mezzanin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #63
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #64
joeblack
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

hey where are the other gods
joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #65
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

For chick god statues I would like a helmet that doesn't cover the face as much, or at all.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #66
Bullvine
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm liking the helmet on high, gives it that classic look. The pose is strong.
Bullvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #67
alpha
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I definitely prefer the lifted up helmet, for some good reasons. Not only because it is the way Athena's look is associated with, but because it has a specific symbolic meaning, and that is why she's associated with that symbolic meaning. The lifted up helmet in ancient Greece, symbolized, among other things, a visualized perception of wisdom. The fact that makes the upper part of the wearer's head bigger, was used, as a visual effect, to suggest mental superiority and ability in a symbolic way. Also, the fact that most of the face is visible was associated with the fact that, this way, the part of the body (mouth, eyes, face expressions) that produces the "logos" (speech/ reason/ knowledge) is visible. And as most of you probably know, Athena was the goddess of wisdom, reason, knowledge and everything else that logos represents. Those are the things that also made a custom to ancient greek politicians (e.g. Pericleus in Athens during the "golden century"), and sometimes generals, to wear "every day" their helmet lifted up, just like modern man uses a hat. Only, in ancient Greece, it had this certain symbolic meaning.
I like the pose, but i think, despite being a warrior goddess as well, Athena was always depicted in more passive poses. And i'm talking about pottery depictions, where Ares on the other hand was often depicted in battle poses as well. But as we said before, sometimes the artist must take liberties to make the product attractive enough, to be sold.
An other thing you should definitely fix in my opinion on the lifted-up version of the digital sculpt, is that the upper part of the helmet looks smaller than its lower part, and the lower part looks like it is streched open, as if Athena wore the wrong size of helmet that day. Just saying... I'm sure you guys are gonna make an excellent job, just like you've so far done with Ares. Keep up the good job. You're great.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #68
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
Here is the version with the helmet high.

That is awesome. Just love everything so far.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #69
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Maybe a change out short sword as well with the spear? Spears are kinda impractical to use with a shield in battle.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #70
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Maybe a change out short sword as well with the spear? Spears are kinda impractical to use with a shield in battle.
Impractical??!?!?

You should say that to the Spartans, Athenians, Persians, and most of the great warriors of Ancient times.

The spear not only happens to be THE most preferred weapon of all these warriors, but also was the most lethal weapon on the battle field, causing way more kills than any sword.

Spear and shield is the perfect and most lethal combination of weapons ever developed by ancient civilizations. Not mentioning that it is the perfect way to depict Greek warriors of this era.