Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Armageddon Expo Melbourne 2012

Been a bit quiet in Aussie-land here of late, so thought I'd start a thread for Armageddon Expo, Melbourne next month.

Who's going, what are you looking forward to, and whatever else.

I am about 98% confirmed for making the trip across from Adelaide. I've lined up a couple of things from Bob Layton which I'm excited about. Ian Churchill is too pricey for me though it seems. And I'll probably take some stuff for JMS to sign, but other than that I'm just looking forward to catching up with a mate from Vic.

Does anyone know which local creators will be there, none are listed on the website yet. I'm particularly hoping Colin Wilson will be there, haven't seen him at a con for a while. Royd, do you know?
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

My wife and I are definitely making the trek over, along with her twin sister, my brother-in-law and one or more other friends.

I'm looking forward to catching up with the Melbourne crew and some of the eastern states artists again, picking up my Bob Layton commission, meeting some of the Babylon 5 stars (although I'm disappointed that Claudia Christian ended up cancelling) and getting a Wayne Nichols commission signed by Davros himself, Terry Molloy!

I agree with you on Churchill - the prices that were sent through for his pickup commissions were insane! Especially when you compared them to a far more well-credentialled artist in Bob Layton.

I know that Stewart McKenny will be there, and presume Chamba will be as well. I know that Jon Sommariva and Wayne Nichols won't be there. I'm hoping that Colin will be there too - I need to add another to my ABC Warriors collection.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

wow, Wrothy and the entourage are coming over for the con
How long are you guys gonna be around in Melbourne?
Chamba will be there and I highly recommend you guys get something from him if you haven't already. I'm gonna be optimistic and say that Churchill's con sketch rates will be reasonable and try to get something at least bust-sized from him. I will say that his cartoonier style I'm not as won over by compared to his more conventional superoic style. Bob Layton I'm still on the fence about pre-arranging something from, I would definately aim to have him contribute to my Bat-sketch book.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
wow, Wrothy and the entourage are coming over for the con
How long are you guys gonna be around in Melbourne?
Chamba will be there and I highly recommend you guys get something from him if you haven't already. I'm gonna be optimistic and say that Churchill's con sketch rates will be reasonable and try to get something at least bust-sized from him. I will say that his cartoonier style I'm not as won over by compared to his more conventional superoic style. Bob Layton I'm still on the fence about pre-arranging something from, I would definately aim to have him contribute to my Bat-sketch book.
Not sure about everyone else, but Shanan and I are flying in on Friday (arriving late afternoon), and flying out Monday evening.

Might have to see about setting up something else from Chamba.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Woody and Wrothy,

Sorry for the delay in replying Woody, just saw your post! I'm afraid that Colin won't be attending Armageddon Expo Melbourne or Supanova Brisbane but he may be at Supanova Adelaide in November.

Colin is leaving next week on a trip which includes the FACTs show in Belgium, the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany as well as signings at stores in France and Italy. I've just been setting up some commissions for him with European fans.

Hopefully you'll get to see him in Adelaide and I'll be there as well managing the Supanova comics creator area

Good to hear you've lined up some pieces with Bob Layton, look forward to checking them out! Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Been a bit quiet in Aussie-land here of late, so thought I'd start a thread for Armageddon Expo, Melbourne next month.

Who's going, what are you looking forward to, and whatever else.

I am about 98% confirmed for making the trip across from Adelaide. I've lined up a couple of things from Bob Layton which I'm excited about. Ian Churchill is too pricey for me though it seems. And I'll probably take some stuff for JMS to sign, but other than that I'm just looking forward to catching up with a mate from Vic.

Does anyone know which local creators will be there, none are listed on the website yet. I'm particularly hoping Colin Wilson will be there, haven't seen him at a con for a while. Royd, do you know?
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Hey Woody and Wrothy,

Sorry for the delay in replying Woody, just saw your post! I'm afraid that Colin won't be attending Armageddon Expo Melbourne or Supanova Brisbane but he may be at Supanova Adelaide in November.
Roydster! That's the best consolation prize ever! Great news, hope Adelaide works out for him.

Excellent mate, look forward to catching up with you!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
Rocket
Art of Mod

JMS is out. Extremely disappointing
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
Wrothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
JMS is out. Extremely disappointing
Yeah - Pat Tallman too. So much for the big Babylon 5 gathering - now there's only 2 of the 5 still going.

At least I didn't try to set up a sketch of Pat to get signed, which I was considering after Claudia pulled out.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Disappointing that so many of the B5 stars cancelled. I want to meet them, but I guess it is sorta a consolation for me that I won't be missing out terribly now, since I couldn't afford to head to Melbourne anyway.
Still.. Bruce and Mira are big draws for me...wish I could go.

Hopefully they find suitable guests for you folks!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Rocket
Art of Mod

Hey Song, did you want a B5 pic for Bruce, or Tron?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote