Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
He didn't say he'd be selling his kidneys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
See, wanderlai understands
Leave other people's kidney's alone, Sharkey. It's a slippery slope, my friend.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #502
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Maybe some of you can help me out here.

While I get this X-Men alliance dio is pretty sweet, I am not getting the extreme over excitement for it.

1) It's 1/6 scale firstly.
2) It's not Alpha Flight
3) It's not 1/4.
4) It's not Transformers G1 or Aliens and Predator license (boooooooooo!!!!)
5) It's not 1/4 Gladiator Shi'ar Empire statue.
6) It's going to take too long to produce this entire dio.
7) The majority of you saying you want this won't be able to get it because of the small edition size...so I recommend you all stick to SS dio (do they even still do dios?)

So come again.....why are a lot of you so gung-ho over this thing?

Lastly.....X-men have been done to death. Why not do an Asgardian, Eternal, or Olympian dio instead? That's fresh and unique.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #503
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Leave other people's kidney's alone, Sharkey. It's a slippery slope, my friend.
Well yea, that is what the rubber soled boots are for. No one enjoys a slip and slide like that.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #504
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

[...]
7) The majority of you saying you want this won't be able to get it because of the small edition size...so I recommend you all stick to SS dio (do they even still do dios?)

[...]
Do they? Because I much prefer dios to stand alone pieces. Action statues are great, but still are lacking for me (and museum poses are an auto ignore for me). The SS planet hulk dio and DC Batman vs Killer Croc were two of my first statues, and thought that the hobby had more to offer like them, but have been really sad to not see that being true
Old 02-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #505
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
While I get this X-Men alliance dio is pretty sweet, I am not getting the extreme over excitement for it.
well speaking for myself, even though im not a 1/6 scale collector im very excited to see how this comes out. nothing like this has ever been done before like this - even the ss xmen dios dont even come close imo. also i love the xmen - they were the first comic characters i really got into when i was a kid and have enjoyed reading them since
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #506
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sideshow stopped dios a long time ago, recently Igo disclosed that they had to due to production prices, they were not cost effective.

By the way, I'm not purchasing this, but I perfectly understand the excitement. It's going to be, possibly, the most intricate dio ever, and even if X Men have been done a lot, they've often been done with subpar standards.
I mean, ok, Bowen pieces are classics, but X Men are all about their unique powers. I can see why X Men fans are so excited for a dynamic diorama in which each character is showing what he's made of, instead of having yet another group of characters just standing there like mannequins.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #507
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Sideshow stopped dios a long time ago, recently Igo disclosed that they had to due to production prices, they were not cost effective.

By the way, I'm not purchasing this, but I perfectly understand the excitement. It's going to be, possibly, the most intricate dio ever, and even if X Men have been done a lot, they've often been done with subpar standards.
I mean, ok, Bowen pieces are classics, but X Men are all about their unique powers. I can see why X Men fans are so excited for a dynamic diorama in which each character is showing what he's made of, instead of having yet another group of characters just standing there like mannequins.
This! ^

Also, why were they so cost prohibitive? I would think that you would just have the cost be what it needs to be compared to the work and materials. Were they that bad?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #508
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This needs to be all put up for pre-order at once though. XM can't just put a piece or two up at a time because this is one of those things where if you want all of them to complete the dio, you need to have the chance to get all at once. Otherwise you could score a few and then miss out on just one and your dio and money are wasted because you can't complete it, like I imagine some people are planning on doing.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #509
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
This! ^

Also, why were they so cost prohibitive? I would think that you would just have the cost be what it needs to be compared to the work and materials. Were they that bad?
I don't know the details, too bad they got canned since after 1:4 pieces, 1:5 dynamic dioramas are the most obvious choice usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
This needs to be all put up for pre-order at once though. XM can't just put a piece or two up at a time because this is one of those things where if you want all of them to complete the dio, you need to have the chance to get all at once. Otherwise you could score a few and then miss out on just one and your dio and money are wasted because you can't complete it, like I imagine some people are planning on doing.
I think Shroudan actually mentioned something like that
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #510
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
One thing that would be nice is if XM announces the roster in advance for each dio so we can choose which one to buy. While I would love to get both, I won't have the display space or funds to make that happen so I will have to choose one.

Ditto. It's imperative that XM release the list concerning this.

I'm almost shocked they haven't given the reveals we have seen. Unless that is all one dio, and we haven't seen anything for the second one?

Quote:
Maybe some of you can help me out here.

1) It's 1/6 scale firstly.
2) It's not Alpha Flight
3) It's not 1/4.
4) It's not Transformers G1 or Aliens and Predator license (boooooooooo!!!!)
5) It's not 1/4 Gladiator Shi'ar Empire statue.
6) It's going to take too long to produce this entire dio.

So come again.....why are a lot of you so gung-ho over this thing?

Lastly.....X-men have been done to death. Why not do an Asgardian, Eternal, or Olympian dio instead? That's fresh and unique.

I wasn't collecting when they were "doing the x-men to death". And I'm not even sure I've seen a dio with this much detail and roster availability. So for me -- this is going to be baller!

And the scale needs to be 1/6. I'm already going to have a hell of a time finding a way to display it. Making it 1/4 and it's impossible. Not to mention even MORE costly that it will already be. I can't think of a single place to display 2 1/4 scale sentinels in my geek room.

Though I will pull for a Gladiator for you. He is WAY underrated and would make for a bada$$ statue. I'm actually a little surprised he wasn't done before Black Bolt. But Inhumans is gaining serious steam these days so I understand. I'd be all about a 1/4 Deathbird. The detail on her would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Yep I need all or nothing. Maybe XM could take a list of people who ordered and track the # in the series they received. That person gets all of that #.

First come first serve. If that person passes on even 1 of the set # (for whatever reason), the rest of their set # is fair game for another collector. No going back. (For the record I want the dio with Storm in it, edition #56. Thanks!)

If prices, release dates and rosters are set in advance this seems like a viable option.

Is this dio in the same edition size range as 1/4 scale pieces? As in no more than 999?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote