Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-28-2024, 11:46 PM   #581
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Sold this piece on eBay but was hit with the dreaded "it arrived broken and I want a full refund". No idea if it really arrived broken or if the buyer broke it removing it from the box. It was one of the legs which supports the entire Battle Cat piece. With eBay, there is really nothing a seller can do. I just told the buyer to keep the statue and issued a full refund. Frustrating but I have sold other statues on eBay with no issues so I guess my time finally came. Welcome to the wonderful world of statue collecting! Geez...something like this almost makes me want to get out.
Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately this happened to me 2 times in one week when I was using FleaBay..one guy said item was damaged and it wasn?t. He used pictures of his broken one, but he never covered his Ed # which was different from mine..and another had an item held at the post office and said it was never delivered, which technically it wasn?t since it was waiting there..lost both cases to EBAY and PayPal. I was lucky enough to pull some $$ out before they reversed the charges. Never used either company again, nor will I.
But I totally understand the frustration.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 12:06 AM   #582
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Why did you let him keep it AND get the full refund?

Even if it was sent back to you at your expense?I would have paid the return shipping and took a negative.

Sorry to hear this. That sucks. I remember first time I got hosed on eBay I was soooo pissed cause I knew the buyer was scamming me.

Just cause people are used to Amazon prime returns doesnt mean we is local sellers/collectors are amazon
I thought about it but figured I was already out my overall price of around $1200 so adding another $100 for shipping was just "throwing good money after bad". And even if I did have him return it, then, in order to fix it, I would have to spend another $100 to ship it to the professional, probably $300 for the repair, and another $100 to have it shipped back to me. All of a sudden, my overall price is then $1800 for a piece I was trying to sell in the first place. I would then try to sell it again but I would have to advertise it as repaired and then I'd only probably get $700-$800 for the piece. Just seemed like a whole lot of work.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM   #583
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I thought about it but figured I was already out my overall price of around $1200 so adding another $100 for shipping was just "throwing good money after bad". And even if I did have him return it, then, in order to fix it, I would have to spend another $100 to ship it to the professional, probably $300 for the repair, and another $100 to have it shipped back to me. All of a sudden, my overall price is then $1800 for a piece I was trying to sell in the first place. I would then try to sell it again but I would have to advertise it as repaired and then I'd only probably get $700-$800 for the piece. Just seemed like a whole lot of work.
Sorry for your situation. If it makes you feel better, I just sold my Queen Studios 1/3 Catwoman for around $3500 through eBay and it got to the buyer completely smashed via UPS. Don't ask me how considering the coffin it shipped in. Thank god I took out insurance and the buyer was nice. I refunded him, got a ton of pictures and he's holding onto the piece in case UPS needs to physically see it for the claim.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:17 PM   #584
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Sorry for your situation. If it makes you feel better, I just sold my Queen Studios 1/3 Catwoman for around $3500 through eBay and it got to the buyer completely smashed via UPS. Don't ask me how considering the coffin it shipped in. Thank god I took out insurance and the buyer was nice. I refunded him, got a ton of pictures and he's holding onto the piece in case UPS needs to physically see it for the claim.
Wow! Hopefully the claim works out for you.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:54 PM   #585
eternalblue02

Quote:
Wow! Hopefully the claim works out for you.
Thanks. Me too.

I also understand what you mean in your last few posts. Been there done that. Sometimes it's just easier and less stressful to brush your hands and move on.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:07 PM   #586
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
OMFG. That is absolutely insane. I've seen that giant ass hard plastic box she comes in.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:27 AM   #587
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
OMFG. That is absolutely insane. I've seen that giant ass hard plastic box she comes in.
Go check out the 1/3 CW thread. I posted pictures there.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:41 AM   #588
BurningRage
The Maxx

Next batch up for pre-order at Sideshow.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM   #589
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can confirm (from Chad) that all 1000 pieces were produced.
LOL. Guess they were just holding some back, eh? "Sold out" indeed. 🙄

*Not meant as a comment towards nearmint, just laughing at Tweeterhead and Sideshow's continued misleading tactics.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:42 PM   #590
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Mine arrived a few days before Christmas, I have #632.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Next batch up for pre-order at Sideshow.
Well glad this has been such a success for Tweeterhead. I'd rather more people get their statue than be left wanting and
good sales are helpful to both Tweeterhead and customers' efforts to continue the MOTU statues.
Now on to that 1/4 scale. Or 1/3 will be great too!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote