Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #161
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
I like a Paradise Island costumed Linda Carter Wonder Woman costume
Besides the diving suit and military uniform the white paradise island suit is the only other one I have interest in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bullterbracelets.png
Views:	16
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	114891  
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #162
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You can actually order more than the ES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal4u2c View Post
I noticed that too. Maybe they allow extra in case of damage? Or maybe anything over the 350 is just the regular edition?
Edit: I messaged them and they said they would look into it.
It's been fixed. No longer shows backorders.

I also ordered mine last night. No way I am missing out on that skirt!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #163
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
Hopefully. I have even seen cosplay of it recently.
Would be cool to see other characters too (Hippolyta, Wonder Girl or even Steve), but I think it could be hard to get the licensing, specially for Debra Winger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
anything I ever read is that Debra Winger did not enjoy herself on the Wonder Woman tv show so I cannot see that one happening.
No Debra Winger. As in it's not gonna happen
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #164
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I can say Debra Winger is very nice in person. Lynda Carter is middle of the road leaning toward not nice in person. Gotta say ruined it for the kid inside meeting Lynda.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #165
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I can say Debra Winger is very nice in person. Lynda Carter is middle of the road leaning toward not nice in person. Gotta say ruined it for the kid inside meeting Lynda.
Never meet your heroes in real life.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #166
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I've met Lynda 4 times over the years. She was inviting, warm, playful, and very kind. She's typically known for being very sweet to her fans. I've even met a lot of actors and one director that worked with her and they did nothing but gush about how awesome she was to work with. This is the first negative thing I've heard.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #167
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I've met Lynda 4 times over the years. She was inviting, warm, playful, and very kind. She's typically known for being very sweet to her fans. I've even met a lot of actors and one director that worked with her and they did nothing but gush about how awesome she was to work with. This is the first negative thing I've heard.
I too have met her 5 times. 1st was super nice. 2nd was not nice. 3rd was ok. 4th was not great and 5th was down right nasty. I got a friend in TN who went to her concert a few months ago and paid for the meet and greet. He describes her as aloof and forced nice. I'll never pay to see her again. But I'm sure they all have their on and off times. But it was too much for me. I even made a donation to her favorite charity and brought the receipt to her Star Ceremony and she was nasty.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #168
Don-Jack
Frackin!

I've heard both things but mostly on the nice side. Like even people saying she would offer cold water when they were working on the street in her neighborhood.

I think it depends on the situation and her mood. Unless a celebrity is a real prick, and consistently, I think we should all keep in mind that they are like regular people who can be in a bad mood and not keep it cool or not like certain situations (I imagine a lot of celebrities don't like signing stuff for hordes of obvious ebay sellers for instance)

Debra Winger has a reputation for being difficult to work with, but that doesn't mean she's "not nice", specially with fans (since her reputation is within Hollywood). It's also been some time since she had that reputation.

It's just that she would probably refuse to have her face licensed for Wonder Girl (purely speculation of course). It could also be a pain in the ass for DC to license other characters from the show, although the series was produced by Warner. Or they just think it wouldn't sell, after all we had almost nothing of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman herself until the reinterest surrounding the film.

Anyway, back to the statues. I'd like a 70s Diana Prince very much. Specially 3rd Season style when she was a fashionista.

Don-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #169
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I too have met her 5 times. 1st was super nice. 2nd was not nice. 3rd was ok. 4th was not great and 5th was down right nasty. I got a friend in TN who went to her concert a few months ago and paid for the meet and greet. He describes her as aloof and forced nice. I'll never pay to see her again. But I'm sure they all have their on and off times. But it was too much for me. I even made a donation to her favorite charity and brought the receipt to her Star Ceremony and she was nasty.
Dang, I hate that you had bad experiences. But yeah, they're all just people that have good and bad days just like us. I could definitely see being worn out after a performance. She was more "playful" (as I described it) when it wasn't when she was performing. But it was even once after a performance that she hugged me, sang "Happy Birthday" to me and literally just let me and a friend hang out in her dressing room until I thought it was time to leave.

The director that I mentioned meeting was at a film festival. It was an independent film called Tattered Angel that they did together. He went on and on about how amazing she was, even mentioning that she refused to cash her payment check for the film.

And yes, bring on the IADC Diana too. Bring on the ponytail!!!
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #170
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
she hugged me, sang "Happy Birthday" to me and literally just let me and a friend hang out in her dressing room until I thought it was time to leave.
Well, when you're her kid, you can do that.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote