Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2022, 09:11 PM   #11
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
It would be cheaper to buy the model kit, air brush, paint, and and LED lights.
Of course it would. Part of the price is factoring that already being done in obviously. Most people don't have time or skills to replicate something like that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:59 AM   #12
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

While this looks really cool, that price is pretty absurd.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:11 PM   #13
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Of course it would. Part of the price is factoring that already being done in obviously. Most people don't have time or skills to replicate something like that.
I'm in that boat - no skill, no patience or time.

Considering getting this T2 statue but the price is quite steep.

To a certain extent, I like statues more than figures (Hot Toys, etc.) because they're ready to display straight out of the box - whereas figures require an investment in time to pose and futz (i.e. rooted hair) to get the perfect look and often times you cannot achieve that due to limited articulation.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:40 PM   #14
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Price isn't great, most Darkside stuff is high, but that is about what the old Sideshow piece goes for these days so it isn't that far off.
How does this compare in size to the Sideshow version?
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #15
David22Lee
Fantastic Four

This is a pretty great looking HK, but I was hoping it'd be chrome like the movie prop.
David22Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:58 PM   #16
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
How does this compare in size to the Sideshow version?
I'd have to look up the spec sheet for the old one to be sure, I never wanted to pay aftermarket prices for one so I never got it personally. I do believe this new one is a bit bigger just from memory.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:13 AM   #17
rad0324
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
It would be cheaper to buy the model kit, air brush, paint, and and LED lights.
Wait.. you mean buying a plastic model kit that doesn't have the same amount of detail on the base and is smaller, buying a good air brush kit and all the paints then putting the kit together along with running wires for the lights then finally painting it yourself (assuming you are good at painting) would be cheaper than this!!??? No way!
rad0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:06 AM   #18
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad0324 View Post
Wait.. you mean buying a plastic model kit that doesn't have the same amount of detail on the base and is smaller, buying a good air brush kit and all the paints then putting the kit together along with running wires for the lights then finally painting it yourself (assuming you are good at painting) would be cheaper than this!!??? No way!
You could do a full scratch build project, and it would be cheaper.

Not only would it be cheaper, you would develop a key set of modelling skills, that are yours, and can be used repeatedly to create other masterpieces.....

You would have an engaging and on going project, that will far outstrip the momentary euphoria of a simple unboxing....

You would have a piece in your collection that no one else will have - one of a kind.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:02 PM   #19
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad0324 View Post
It would actually be cheaper. Buying a compressor and air brush plus paint would be a lot cheaper.

Aeriel hunter is like a car or jet model. Cars, planes, and other similar models are a lot easier to paint than characters. As for the wiring, there sometimes light kits for specific model kits. If no light kit exist, then wiring and LEDs can be order from hobby shops.

The advantage of going this route is that you can make multiple models at the fraction of cost of what is sold by statue companies. Like most things, there will be a lot of trial by error, work, that most people don't want to go through or the time for.

Anther advantage is being able to couple the the painting equipment with a 3D printer, which will let you make statues and models that will never be mass produced. If you are good at 3D modeling, then you can go further and make your own designs.

The main advantage if you go this route is having absolute control of the quality of your design and statue. If coupled with a 3D printer, then you get the added bonus of having control of your design.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 08:03 AM   #20
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Guys can you tell me how accurate this is?
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote