Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-09-2022, 12:29 AM   #3271
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

This is good conversation, but it really should be moved over to the 'Prey' thread.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:33 AM   #3272
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
This is good conversation, but it really should be moved over to the 'Prey' thread.
nahhhh, much more activity up here. this thread has been crickets for a while.

There aren't too many Predators fans that spend $3300 on a statue of the character, and some of us an extra $899 on the bust.

Lots of people are big fans of the characters, but knuckleheads that put our money where our mouth is, we are a rare breed. Uber PredHeads.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:35 AM   #3273
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The Van Damme suit looks like a completely different type of creature.

Having that said, yeah, still a poor design.
you know, as lousy as this is.... actually would've LOVED if they made this new movie based on JCVD Predator design. It always had a Power Ranger villain feel to it for me. It would've added something to the franchise that we haven't seen before.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #3274
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post

Lastly, fan comments about pred evolved over a 300 year period hence looks different. OMFG, even over a period of 30000 years evolution would be very minimal. Seriously are people getting dumber by the day?

I'd argue this movies last fight scene ranks second last from the films (predator 2018 being on the bottom). Shame the ending couldn't bring it home.
Great point about the evolution period of 300 years for civilization that is 100,000 or 1,000,000 or 100,000,000 years old. i wasn't a fan of the Preds primitive weapons. i dont like the argument that because he was fighting natives, he was a more native looking Predator, with more primitive weapons and ways of doing things. It's cute everything matchy-matchy but that's not how things would be. this logic if they make a Predator in the Medival Times is he going to be fighting the barbarians with Predator type flails and swords in Predator chainmail looking like Medieval Spawn. It's a slippery slope. as far as design and behavior and Predator-persona, this movie went rumbling down the slope and it has to be corrected on the next one, otherwise he's gonna be taking selfies and doing only fans by the 10th & 11th installment.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:01 AM   #3275
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
...and doing only fans by the 10th & 11th installment.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #3276
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
You think just like me when it comes to movies. Lol... First of all, the marketing was so terrible from the start, I was immediately turned off and said I'm not watching this. They were saying the movie will break gender norms and all that typical crap these days. Just like they did with the last Terminator I had to pass on.

I haven't seen it yet, heard just now it was actually good, but after reading what you said, I can tell it will be a let down for me like I knew it would. When they do unrealistic fighting scenes to prop up the strong woman characters, it ruins the movie for me. Besides, what's up with his face? His mandibles are all underdeveloped looking and his mouth is huge... I'm not digging the look either.
i think it's def worth your time to give it a spin, VG.

The first 3-5 minutes there are multiple pieces of dialog trying to hold the young female down and keep her in her "place". but aside from that there is not much of that in the film aside from the men disagreeing that she should be on her own.

There are goofy questionable scenes in every single movie. Even in the first one, when the Predator blasts Dutch and it hits his gun and isn't a direct hit an Dutch tells Ana to GET TO THE CHOPPA. a couple scenes back the same blast takes off carl weathers arm and the same blast blows a hole in Jesse the Body's body

the look is horrible. with the mask on, it's passable, but still it reminds me of a bad cosplay Predator. If i say this at a convention i would say...not bad but needs a lot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
ce has never impressed me much to be honest.

The fighting issues Dundee has brought up are not a big deal for me because it's the same stuff we see in any film. None of it was in-your-face or anything we haven't seen before. And it absolutely had nothing to do with the fact that she was a woman. I don't imagine any human character would be getting up so quickly and jumping back into the fight after being thrown 10+ feet. But many of them did. And they almost always do. In just about every movie that has ever existed.

The mandible scene did irk me a bit. Like Blade said though, it wasn't a tooth - it was a joint. I can see a person snapping a predator's mandible with their bare hands. Like a human finger. I don't think she should have been able to rip it off so easily though. Very small issue not worth taking points off IMO.
the final scene with the Wolf fights the PredAlien is pretty horrible, this was nothing compared to that. It reminded me of the Scar Predator fighting the Queen Alien Rd2 but a much sloppier much darker, more dumbed down fight.

People don't like AVP, it's certainly flawed, but the awesome parts of AVP are AWESOME. better than the good parts of the other non-1&2 Predator Films.

AVP has the honor of having the single greatest gif in the entire Alien & Predator Franchises. This gem, everytime i see this i get excited:

look how graceful and acrobatic the Scar Predator is in this shot. Sure he wasn't like this in most of the movie, but this is how the Predators should move: graceful like a gymnast and explosive when they are landing their shot.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:34 AM   #3277
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Yes, and Predators should NEVER make friends with humans, like the Scar Predator did in AVP........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #3278
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Yes, and Predators should NEVER make friends with humans, like the Scar Predator did in AVP........
the end scene of AVP where the Scar and the Woman were running was horrible. i remember seeing in in the theatre and people were laughing at how silly it looked.

but i think the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's silly but the teamed up in the comic.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:48 AM   #3279
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I think the lady in AVP actually says, ''The enemy of my enemy is my friend'', and if a human and a Predator teamed up in an AVP comic, i guess that's why they included it in the AVP movie......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:59 AM   #3280
qz33
Doctor Doom

Nothing wrong with talking about the movie here but just in case anyone wants to carry the convo :

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...01#post6059901

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
nahhhh, much more activity up here. this thread has been crickets for a while.

There aren't too many Predators fans that spend $3300 on a statue of the character, and some of us an extra $899 on the bust.

Lots of people are big fans of the characters, but knuckleheads that put our money where our mouth is, we are a rare breed. Uber PredHeads.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote