Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2022, 02:02 PM   #281
Cmac
Mephisto

So Prime 1 sent me the pre-shipping notice. The economy shipping to the east coast has jumped up to $368 and standard is now a whopping $1073.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:34 PM   #282
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
So Prime 1 sent me the pre-shipping notice. The economy shipping to the east coast has jumped up to $368 and standard is now a whopping $1073.
this can't be real. probably one of their fishing attempts to see if they can get us to bite. and their correction email will follow after they realize no one is gonna pay that to ship this statue.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:17 PM   #283
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
this can't be real. probably one of their fishing attempts to see if they can get us to bite. and their correction email will follow after they realize no one is gonna pay that to ship this statue.
I thought so too. I had economy shipping selected for the order, and the email stated that one of the options besides holding the order is to select economy shipping. I figured that my shipping somehow got switched by mistake, so I went and put one in my cart and went through the checkout process. That $368 is economy.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:56 PM   #284
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Glad I cancelled any orders I had open, sold about half of the statues I currently had and got out of this hobby.

You all must have a LOT of disposable income and patience to put up with what it's become.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #285
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Glad I cancelled any orders I had open, sold about half of the statues I currently had and got out of this hobby.

You all must have a LOT of disposable income and patience to put up with what it's become.
I'm nearing the end of my statue collecting. Space considerations are the main thing, but I've been seeing some questionable things with pricing and shipping lately that put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not specifically speaking of Prime 1 either.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #286
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I'm nearing the end of my statue collecting. Space considerations are the main thing, but I've been seeing some questionable things with pricing and shipping lately that put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not specifically speaking of Prime 1 either.
I think I have a hunch what store(s) you’re referring to.

Prime 1 has by far has had the most economical shipping to the States from my experience… funny enough.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:39 PM   #287
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Prime 1 has by far has had the most economical shipping to the States from my experience? funny enough.
This is true. So far for me, it has been cheaper to order with economy shipping from Prime 1 than any US retailer. That said, you give up better customer service for the reduced fees.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #288
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Do we have more in hand pics of this bad boy?
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #289
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Do we have more in hand pics of this bad boy?
We have better than pics available now. Gem Mint and Batman Statue Collector received their EX statues and released video reviews of them on their YouTube channels. To say this piece looks AWESOME is not enough. For me personally, it's the very BEST Batman statue ever released. Chris from BSC said in his unboxing video that he thinks he likes it more than his P1 Lee Batcave Batman statue. That's high praise indeed. I waiting anxiously for mine to arrive.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #290
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The opinion on whether or not you think it's the best ("definitive") pretty much comes down to whether you prefer Batman in blue or black.

I'll still take the Hush Batcave over this one. And even when it comes to a black suit Batman I'd prefer to have that Tactical Throne statue in black, assuming they do it. Which I'm guessing they will.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote