Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #701
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
So basically lightups are now the Hail Mary design otherwise avoided if at all possible?

Sideshow needs to turn that the Surfer's EX Nova proximity bust into a full statue with a light up like this. Nekkid chicks on fire tend to sell I'd bet.
I thought the Nova bust was beautiful regardless of the light up feature.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:07 PM   #702
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
from FB:

he looks great but next to a Bowen, he's just too small. This should've been 38-40".
I need him for my Bowen collection so, for me, he's perfect. I have the chrome version of that Bowen museum Surfer and they're going to look great paired together. I'm definitely picking this up in my the aftermarket though. I'm confident that there will be some collectors that'll want to sell this down the line and I think this is a piece that'll eventually sell for less than retail.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:11 AM   #703
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I need him for my Bowen collection so, for me, he's perfect. I have the chrome version of that Bowen museum Surfer and they're going to look great paired together. I'm definitely picking this up in my the aftermarket though. I'm confident that there will be some collectors that'll want to sell this down the line and I think this is a piece that'll eventually sell for less than retail.
Big gamble when you can just buy it now.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #704
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Big gamble when you can just buy it now.
No gamble at all. I haven't POd a statue from sideshow since 2019. Yet, I've picked up the EX Colossus PF ($750), EX Flash PF ($600), EX Cable PF ($675), EX Logan PF ($500), and the recent Cap PF ($595). All those prices included tax and shipping. I saved hundreds of dollars on what sideshow would've charged me. The only PF I have on PO now directly from sideshow is the EX Nightcrawler PF. The only reason why I ordered Nightcrawler directly from sideshow is because he's a character that's in demand and this PF is sideshow's first 1/4 release of the character. That's the combo that can cause regrets when trying to hunt down a statue in the aftermarket. Otherwise, the aftermarket has been very kind to me.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:28 PM   #705
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

These pictures look real good. I normally dislike lighting effects but wow these work well for him.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 01:54 PM   #706
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Looks phenomenal with the light up. This was always an amazing piece to me, but just a tad too small. Over 30" and they would have had me sold. Still, it's beautiful.

Alas, I will hope that someday Iron Studios gets a license for a 1/10 scale battle diorama with the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, and others vs Galactus. Basically the cover of Fantastic Four #243 with the same scale, which is similar to the X-Men vs Sentinel dios.
Would be a dream dio. #1 on my list.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:13 PM   #707
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I thought the Nova bust was beautiful regardless of the light up feature.
For sure! But these set my imagination on fire. One of the best light ups ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Honestly, I haven't even tried the light up feature with Nova. With or without the light up feature her hair looks really good too.

But here are some pics of her with the hair lit up...

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:57 PM   #708
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Incoming "The Great Devourer of Worlds"

Just received my Galactus today. I'm really impressed by the fit and finish of this statue. This Galactus feels like Sideshow definitely had this statue manufactured at the "good factory" where "attention to details" is a top priority. The statue has a good weight about it and pieces individually, feel very solid. The light up feature works very well and the on/off button mechanism feels like a quality component. The paint apps were done very well on my example. My only critique is that I wish they used more burgundy hues around the torso area.

I know this statue received a great deal of criticism due to its size, but if you look at this statue as a "whole" on its own merit; this is a solid rendition by Sideshow IMHO........Especially, if you're a Galactus fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4076.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	152766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4078.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	152767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	569.2 KB
ID:	152768  
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:29 PM   #709
marker2037

Awesome, happy you like it! This has to be one of the best light features I've seen in a statue. The fire base is what puts it over the edge of others for me.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:06 PM   #710
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Awesome, happy you like it! This has to be one of the best light features I've seen in a statue. The fire base is what puts it over the edge of others for me.
Thank you. Absolutely! The light up feature is a surprise "home run". You can tell Sideshow engrained a great deal of effort in the design and sculpting of this statue, not to mention the light up feature.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote