Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #21
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have no interest in this.
From some angles, the left arm pose looks weird.

/first and last post in this thread ^_^
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #22
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
The original Extremis armor comiquette is amazing though. More people need to just go back and pick one up.
Yeah it's a fantastic Statue from the Golden age of Sideshow, they actually planned to release a museum pose 1:4 Extremis armor but they ended up scrapping it, they even teased it in one of their calenders.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:53 PM   #23
Biggunz
Loki

I'm sick of iron man!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:58 PM   #24
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

...and Still sticking with the previous Mark III
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:04 PM   #25
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

We all should have expected another Iron Man.

Although this isn't for me at all, it does look really good. If someone just got into the hobby or is a veteran who collects multiples of this character, this would be a great option to have.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:11 PM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You guys forget - the Avengers sell not because of their comics. They sell because of the movies. The heavy hitter comics are XMen and SpiderMan (marvel anyway). Avengers property was in the sh!tter when Disney bought them. So Sideshow is going to make what sells and is valuable to the cost of that license - which is movies.

Black Widow and Cap outfits are all very similar. Thor has small changes too. It?s Iron Man they have to be careful to be more movie faithful.

I feel bad for you all who really want a comic Iron Man. It is a slap in the face because his suit is cool no matter what. You’re just stuck with the same struggle as XMen fans who are trapped in the Lee era again and again.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #27
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Surprised they did another Mark 3 version. Would had been nice if it was a different armor. At least it?s not a repaint of another IM statue. I wouldn?t be buying it though. The first Mark 3 maquette was way better than this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #28
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

For those wanting a classic 1/4 scale Iron Man, I feel for you. Although the scale is larger, the 1/3 Legendary Beast piece seems like it is going for a very classic look (so that may be an option if it is isolated).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #29
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You guys forget - the Avengers sell not because of their comics. They sell because of the movies. The heavy hitter comics are XMen and SpiderMan (marvel anyway). Avengers property was in the sh!tter when Disney bought them. So Sideshow is going to make what sells and is valuable to the cost of that license - which is movies.

Black Widow and Cap outfits are all very similar. Thor has small changes too. It?s Iron Man they have to be careful to be more movie faithful.

I feel bad for you all who really want a comic Iron Man. It is a slap in the face because his suit is cool no matter what. You?re just stuck with the same struggle as XMen fans who are trapped in the Lee era again and again.
Actually the Avengers had already caught on and taken off when Disney purchased Marvel. The Avengers were in the ----ter when Marvel Studios was established. They sold off the movie rights to the most popular comic Marvel characters (Spider-Man, X-Men?) so had to start with the less popular Avengers characters.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:28 PM   #30
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Pretty much what I was saying, this is obviously for first time collectors/those who missed out/who want multiples.

So the real test if sideshow messed up will be how well it sells. Sad reality for those of you frustrated by it, it will likely be an ES of 2-3k I bet. If it sells less than 1k then it will tell sideshow they failed on this one.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote