Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #82
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Every time I see this I think of Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool:
?Here comes the super hero landing!?
I hate that line so much, and they put it in every single trailer. Made a random thing that no one really noticed totally cringey.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:58 PM   #83
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I feel like I'm the only person that likes it. Saying it's a retread of a comiquette is like saying it's remake of a Model T. Comiquettes are so old that they're completely irrelevant to me. And I think the proportions on the original look terrible!
For me its more the rehash of similar costumes of the already made movie pieces. I get what you mean its an improvement of the comiquette it is for sure.

But already similar costume in now 3 different poses is a bit much already. Especially for the people here who have been wanting pretty close to comic accurate (even tho this is based on the comic cover, but with the movie dynamics). They want something more comic like that goes with the rest of the avengers 1/4th pieces, this one is more standalone.

Also if you like this more power to you, buy it and be happy with it, after all its going to be in your home. Sideshow won't be canceling it, at worse they make less than 1k, and you have a more exclusive item.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:21 PM   #84
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
For me its more the rehash of similar costumes of the already made movie pieces. I get what you mean its an improvement of the comiquette it is for sure.

But already similar costume in now 3 different poses is a bit much already. Especially for the people here who have been wanting pretty close to comic accurate (even tho this is based on the comic cover, but with the movie dynamics). They want something more comic like that goes with the rest of the avengers 1/4th pieces, this one is more standalone.

Also if you like this more power to you, buy it and be happy with it, after all its going to be in your home. Sideshow won't be canceling it, at worse they make less than 1k, and you have a more exclusive item.
A comic Iron Man seems awfully likely considering there is an active Avengers line. But I'm not going to blame them for putting up more movie versions. This suit has completely eclipsed the comic versions and we should be honest about that.

I also won't be buying this or any Iron Man, just a lot of the reasons for hating it have been weak.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:48 PM   #85
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

If this had been posed the same as the actual references from the movie production shot than I may have preordered this. The original production photo's stance is wider and his right knee is nearly touching the ground. As it is, imo Sideshow's just looks awkward.

(Note that the above shot has been incorrectly flipped)

And because of said alterations, it's unsurprising to find that this is the first MCU 'maquette' produced from Sideshow WITHOUT their usual collaboration with "Artists
Legacy Effects (Sculpt) (Design) (Development) (Mold and Cast) (Paint)". That collaboration probably meant Legacy producing their prior prototypes from beginning to end, but with this, it appears to be based off of Sideshows own design.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #86
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

At SDCC...

This piece just wasn't that great. Meh....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #87
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The biggest miss here is the red paint they used. It's far too bright and glossy. Iron Man Mark III is the most maroon/burgundy of all the suits and yet they made him Ferrari red.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #88
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
The biggest miss here is the red paint they used. It's far too bright and glossy. Iron Man Mark III is the most maroon/burgundy of all the suits and yet they made him Ferrari red.
A large portion of the Iron Man statues/figures on the market are painted incorrectly. Many have always gone for the glossy cherry red paint for their pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:15 PM   #89
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I am surprised at the leeway that Disney allow with their representation of the Iron Man armors. They clearly don't take it as seriously as we do...

To be fair though, it's actually a surprisingly more complicated subject than it first appears.

-That photo above is a promo pic. The armor isn't that maroon in the movie.
-In the movie (and all the movies), the armor can look different colors, depending on scene/lighting, and maybe even different FX being worked on by different groups. So one could probably pick their favorite color and point to some scene that appears to show it.
-Some confuse paint color (as well as the paint being metallic enough), with how glossy the finish is, which is something different. That's sheen - glossier usually achieved with a clear coat.
-Of course, the armors aren't all the same color and sheen.
-People have different preferences, regardless of movie accuracy.

On specific armors:
-Tony orders Jarvis to paint the Mark III "hot rod red". That's pretty much cherry red. That's pretty much what this new Sideshow is. But that's not really what it looked like in most scenes...
-The Mark VII isn't as glossy as most other armors because it wasn't 'ready', and Tony commanded it to be deployed immediately because of Loki.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 01:42 PM   #90
BurningRage
Inhumans

Unboxing vid from Sideshow https://youtu.be/GOqRAOVF2G8?si=B6wqokHOwsN5HXaD
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote