Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #211
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I love the kotobukiya pose from Prime. That'll be the one I end up getting.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #212
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

YES! Hey, same here. If a miracle happens and I come into some moneys, I might grab both of them. Nice new pictures, still not best quality and the blue light is harsh, but never the less thanks allot to whomever made the effort.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #213
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
Do you know if they plan on making the skull not as visible in the final product? I'm asking because you can't see clearly the skull in the movie and I prefer it that way.

It's hard to see in the movie as it's fairly dark, but the skull is undoubtedly visible at times. And it's my favorite part of the creature. A not so subtle reminder of where it came from. You could hide it in a similar manner by displaying yours in a darker area. I think Prime 1 have got it about right on their prototype, I just hope that production pieces don't have the hard black line around the base of the dome like most other Big chap collectibles have, that always looks bad.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #214
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's hard to see in the movie as it's fairly dark, but the skull is undoubtedly visible at times. And it's my favorite part of the creature. A not so subtle reminder of where it came from. You could hide it in a similar manner by displaying yours in a darker area. I think Prime 1 have got it about right on their prototype, I just hope that production pieces don't have the hard black line around the base of the dome like most other Big chap collectibles have, that always looks bad.

Spot on Python. Yes, the skull should be noticeable and it is THE Alien thing about Giger´s design.

And Yes, if Prime1 is aware of the fact, that there should not be a harsh black line around the dome rim. The less deep black used on the whole figure the better.

I just checked my little Kotobukiya, still the best little Chap out there, and they made it so clever as they smoked the dome slightly with silver paint and therefor make the skull more obscure. No idea if it works on a piece of a big scale as the Prime one´s, but surely an idea for customisation.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #215
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Wonder if the back of the base will be removable to display it without?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #216
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
My head just exploded!! I held on to my Dog PO in hopes this day would come...now my wallet is going to explode.
you said it perfect, exactly what i was thinking, maybe i could sell your kidneys and you could sell mine?
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #217
clutch
Sailor Moon

This article on the Koto is good. Look at it and then look at this one to see what's off. http://mamegyorai.jugem.jp/?eid=2785
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #218
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I love the kotobukiya pose from Prime. That'll be the one I end up getting.
Same. The coolprops pose works best with a case.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #219
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
This article on the Koto is good. Look at it and then look at this one to see what's off. http://mamegyorai.jugem.jp/?eid=2785
Actually, as I look my Kotobukiya and to the measurements, it is stylised as well. The head for example is a tinny bit too long and the neck placement too forward as the actor could not have moved his head as such.

But seemingly, You love Your Coolprops more, so surely You can have a pass on this one. I for myself can be only all to happy to get this one, as it is what I just could wish for.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:24 PM   #220
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Koto is stylize version also what your point you want to tell? If Prime1 version bother you that much than you can pass on it lets other who love it including myself to apprieciate what Prime1 has done. Peace.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote