Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #121
FunkSway
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

These super hero’s got the strength and talent to pose however they want in the heat of battle. That’s why they’re super. Take it or leave it.
FunkSway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #122
Peedi
The Secret Six

This one really excited people! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
He has other trigger points at the base of his thumbs on each glove. There are lots of comic images of him using his visor without touching it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Even in the 90s cartoon Cyclops doesn't always touch his visor to fire it. The Astonishing X-Men run (with the sic black suit) he didn't touch the visor all the time.

I could swear I read someplace where mental control technology was made for him to couple with the visor. I mean for god sake, they have costumes made of unstable particles that can change as needed, I don't believe he needs to touch the visor anymore. That was vintage Cyke, not post Shi'ar etc.
I see what y’all are saying, and I’m not saying y’all are wrong, that’s two different explanations between y’all though, but I am saying is I’m going by the in-comics explanation that I’ve read, not what I believe, interpreted or made up. Artistic interpretation can show anything...it’s how we get Blue eyed Peter Parker, brown eyed Wolverine, black/brown haired Scarlet Witch, Storm with cat eyes vs normal shaped eyes, Phoenix engulfed in actual fire vs the original psychic energy, etc...also I wasn’t basing anything on the cartoons, sticking with the comics.

I used to love that cartoon though!

But again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don’t expect every comic artist to be accurate, especially when they just want him blasting and looking cool while doing it, or every video game or cartoon even try to animate it every time. But if you’ve read something different about how it should work I’d love to know (not being facetious, I’m interested).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #123
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
So they fully go with a classic Jim Lee look for Cyc with yellow undies on the outside but they didn't do that for Magneto because Igo thought the undies on the outside of his costume looks silly
Yeah it seems like the deeper they go into this line they are leaning heavily to the Jim Lee styles. Less sideshow tweaks, makes the first couple seem a little put of place like Magneto and Wolverine (astonishing costume) I really hope they revisit wolverine in the blue and yellow and do the true tiger stripe uniform like the OG. Rumors are that a brown wolverine is coming next.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #124
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Gem mint collectables on YT has a booth tour vid from the con, Cyc is the only new PF reveal.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #125
Peedi
The Secret Six

Demona, maybe he does have mental control technology, I don’t know. But as far as post Shi’ar or the costume you mentioned, I did post that and for whatever reason anybody wants to give for it, he’s indeed touching his visor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Up until your recent posts I always assumed you read the quintessential x-run by claremont or atleast some of it, Cyclops rarely (if ever) that i recall put his hand to his visor.
I’ve read most of Claremont’s UXM. Giant Size-Up to Kitty joining right after the DPS is my favorite comic run. Claremont was on UXM for what, 17 years or so? That’s a lot...typically 12 issues in a year, not to mention whenever it was twice a month. I’m sure there’s stuff I’ve missed reading, especially outside of UXM, and I’m 100% sure I just don’t remember certain things. It’s nearly 20 years of comics. I haven’t read some of that stuff in years. Overall I dig it but there’s some pretty convoluted stuff in those comics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Hell in the first few issue of the iconic 1991 jim lee/claremont x men cyclops wasn’t putting his hand to his visor. I'm shocked you would even write this tbh.
Why shocked? This is that big? I’m just going by what’s been explained in printed comics I’ve read.

Also, Jim Lee, the great artist he definitely is, was also drawing torso’s like balloons...I’m just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I think it was the Marvel Universe Hand Book comic series that talked about Cyclops visor. I remember reading that he didn't need to touch his visor to activate it.

This Marvel Database also states the same
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cyclops%27_Visor
Thanks AC. Although this is a Fandom site, not Marvel, but this shows he’s had at least 5 different visor versions. I’ll take FunkSway’s approach...really this all depends on who writes draws or assumes whatever they want to write, draw or assume at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Didn't that start in the first X-Men movie? I sorta recall the original visor when he first was at the mansion, that he did have something to adjust how intense the blast would be.
It was in the movie, but the movie got it from the comics.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #126
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Gem mint collectables on YT has a booth tour vid from the con, Cyc is the only new PF reveal.
Is there another event this year that they may reveal more PFs?
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #127
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Just website events, like Spooktacular and 12 Days of Sideshow.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #128
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
There's a sense Sideshow are dialing down on 1/4 PF's. Maybe the plan is to make a bigger splash in 2020
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #129
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
There's a sense Sideshow are dialing down on 1/4 PF's. Maybe the plan is to make a bigger splash in 2020
Really? I haven't sensed a slowdown.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #130
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Really? I haven't sensed a slowdown.
me either. whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote