Suicide Squad

I loved the hell out of it. Going to see it again in Atmos
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #332
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayminator View Post
I am a diehard Terminator Fan, endoskeleton fan, and Arnold fan. Those who hated T3, i can understand, but I loved seeing Arnold back in black and thought T3 was not that bad. I only liked the part when Arnold came in Terminator Salvation and then turn into the Endoskeleton, apart from that Salvation was not a terminator good enough movie. I just saw Terminator genisys and it sucked! Big time. I hated it, it's the worst one from all of them. Arnold did not come back in his ionic black leather, endoskeletons are different in design (for the worse) and most of all the story sucked.
Spoiler for those who have not seen it. John Connor was taught all about the fight, future war blah blah. Now he turns bad, what!? What a load of nonsense!
Please tell me i'm not the only one who did not like this movie, who else thought this was a load of crap. Who here on the other had a terminator fan liked it? anyone?
Seriously? Did you actually watch the film? Connor infected by Skynet and had no choice in the matter.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #333
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Terminator fan here and I saw the new film yesterday and loved it. It's a respectable entry in the Terminator franchise imo. I rank it third in the series behind T1 and T2. 7.5/10.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #334
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Glad to see there's some positive reactions. I'm a huge fan of the franchise in general, and was looking forward to seeing this.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #335
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Glad to see there's some positive reactions. I'm a huge fan of the franchise in general, and was looking forward to seeing this.
I think if you go in with an open mind and judge the film on it's own merits you should enjoy it. It does a lot of things right imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #336
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I think if you go in with an open mind and judge the film on it's own merits you should enjoy it. It does a lot of things right imo.
I'm a big fan (I really enjoyed the third one), but I just found the story for this just way too convulted, especially with the young Kyle Reese and the alternate time lines etc. I think they just tried to rejig the original story way too much.

And TBH, with the exception of Arnie, I really didn't like any of the leads in their roles. To me it seemed liked each of them got the part because they kind of looked like the character they were playing and that was it. None of them seemed suited otherwise (mind you, I also thought a lot of the script was pretty awful so they didn't have much to work with).

And finally, I really didn't enjoy the 'remaking' of those classic scenes from the original, such as the 'wash day' scene. I found that particularly grating. I mean, you just don't mess with the classics. It would be like someone remaking the 'game over man' scene in the next Aliens movie.

But that's just me. Hey, I didn't like the latest Mad Max movie either so what do I know
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #337
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

All I ever wanted was the future war done right. As depicted in T1 and T2. As Reese described, as he remembered. Seemed so obvious, but that's never going to happen and it's the story I've wanted to see since 1984 to bring things full circle but that is clearly now very hosed up.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #338
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
All I ever wanted was the future war done right. As depicted in T1 and T2. As Reese described, as he remembered. Seemed so obvious, but that's never going to happen and it's the story I've wanted to see since 1984 to bring things full circle but that is clearly now very hosed up.
We got that in the first 20 mins. WtF?
Old 07-04-2015, 10:35 PM   #339
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Not what I want.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #340
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I also thought they did an admiral job of the future war in this film. They gave it the perfect amount of time given we have seen Salvation.

I loved the film as a more casual fan of the franchise. I thought act 3 was over the top at times but I loved a lot of what they tried to do here. I actually liked Courtney but agree that Clarke was the weak link.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote