Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2018, 01:52 AM   #971
Danchez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
The final product doesn’t match what was advertised (promised) to the people who preordered. The way they market their products are a bit deceitful. I understand why people are upset. I really think Sideshow should start making their prototype based on more realistic expectation.
It literally says on the listing that the final product may differ in appearance from the prototype.
Danchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:32 AM   #972
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchez View Post
It literally says on the listing that the final product may differ in appearance from the prototype.
And that's why you should never pre-order from Sideshow. Wait for pictures of the production statue before ordering so you know what your going to get.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:24 AM   #973
schachi08
The Avengers

schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:47 AM   #974
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm reserving judgement until i have the statue. I think Aspen turned out good, not close to the Wonder Woman disaster.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #975
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm reserving judgement until i have the statue. I think Aspen turned out good, not close to the Wonder Woman disaster.
That was the first Wonder Woman from Sideshow, and I wanted it to be so good. Sigh. But, well, it wasn't fully 5 stars for paint application. I bought 2 of them. I was hoping having that if I had 2, one would turn out better than the other.

The movie Wonder Woman(Gal Gadot), everybody kept saying "EX or FAIL!" at the beginning after seeing the previews. I was miffed I wasn't able to get EXs back then. But hey, in the end, production pieces turned out as "EX also FAILED!" for the portrait painting. The head really looked nothing like Gal.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #976
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Yeah, what is worse, a bad portrait or a big base missing 3/4s of its color? I see quite a few other differences on Aspen. I guess I should let them go because of Sideshow's disclaimer, but I have seen other production pieces that actually matched the prototypes. So, I know they were achievable.

That base...smh.
That vibrant color was a huge part of the piece imo.

Sideshow knows it is bad too. I had a friend call in to cancel his order, and get his nrd back. The rep asked why and he told them about the water color. And they were even shocked by it, after comparing pics.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #977
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just watch the unboxing and they did change the head sculpt and water effect. However, I think she now looks like Adriana Lima which isn't a bad thing. She does have the blank stare though...

Base is ok...not really happy about the change in color. Water color (ocean) is reflection of the sky and it shouldn't be that clear....wish ssc could get their act in gear.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #978
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchez View Post

If you can read, you can accept the differences.
This is a bull---- response. So, if she arrived with purple tinted skin and green tinted hair, we should just accept it because "hur dur, appearances can differ."

The level of excuse that people will go to to defend Sideshow is astronomical.

I'm going to tell you a little (true) story. I called Sideshow on Thursday, spoke with a very nice rep on the phone and explained that I was not very happy with the changes. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes, came back to me and said that she had compared the prototype images to the unboxing video and I quote "I see exactly what you mean about the base." She cancelled my order and is refunding my NRD. Now, if a Sideshow employee agrees with me that they understand why someone would be disappointed in the changes, surely we're not here just being dramatic.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #979
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Damnn the tremendous amount of negative feedback so far doesn't sound good, I was really looking forward to this figure
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #980
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoex View Post
Damnn the tremendous amount of negative feedback so far doesn't sound good, I was really looking forward to this figure
If you don't mind the changes to the base, she's still an amazing looking piece.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote