Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-16-2014, 02:46 AM   #2901
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi gonk, I was wondering if you could give us any information regarding the future of Kotobukiya's Sword Art Online/SAOII line.

There's a huge gap in the industry where the main character, Kirito, is concerned. A lot of collectors, myself included, are still waiting for a definitive representation of him and you guys are, without a doubt, the most appropriate company to take on the task. It'd be great to get an idea of whether or not Koto is considering continuing the line with more characters/variants.

Same could be asked of your Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin line as well. Thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to provide.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #2902
KiDD
Birdman

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
There's a huge gap in the industry where the main character, Kirito, is concerned. A lot of collectors, myself included, are still waiting for a definitive representation of him and you guys are, without a doubt, the most appropriate company to take on the task.
I second this !
It's really a shame that as far as male characters go, they still don't get the same treatment on the market as the female one's (tho' the situation has improved alot in the past couple of years, partially thanks to your ArtFX(+J) lines :P)
The fact that every single Levi (Attack on Titan) statue by almost every manufactuer is selling like nuts and Alter is starting to plow the soil with their frequent additions to the ALTAiR -line is only a sign of the vastly expanding (new)market.

But yeah, a dream come true would be to see male statues (I mostly collect the main characters from each series, and they often happen to be male xD) from all of those licenses that you guys have hauled over during the years.
Evangelion is gonna be hot as hell (again) when the final movie gets released (hopefully) in a year or so, and we've yet to see a decent presentation of the series main character, Shinji. You guys made IMO the best looking Asuka to date, so plz take that as your next challenge xD
Also huge series like Tekken still go underappriciated when it comes to male statues. It's really sad that the main characters have never been seen as decent statues (Jin, Kazuma...) so a Jin ArtFX would be a dream come true.

Enough rambling for one evening here, have a great day ! x)
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #2903
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Just popped in here for a sec, and I have to wonder what the point of this thread is. It's been over two and half months since a question was answered. lol
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #2904
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Just popped in here for a sec, and I have to wonder what the point of this thread is. It's been over two and half months since a question was answered. lol
There was a Koto rep that used to be fairly active here. I don't know what happened.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #2905
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
There was a Koto rep that used to be fairly active here. I don't know what happened.
Sorry about how inactive I've been recently. I'm still here and drop in our section at least once a week. So ask away, I'll respond to what questions I can.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #2906
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Hi gonk, I was wondering if you could give us any information regarding the future of Kotobukiya's Sword Art Online/SAOII line.

There's a huge gap in the industry where the main character, Kirito, is concerned. A lot of collectors, myself included, are still waiting for a definitive representation of him and you guys are, without a doubt, the most appropriate company to take on the task. It'd be great to get an idea of whether or not Koto is considering continuing the line with more characters/variants.

Same could be asked of your Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin line as well. Thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to provide.
Unfortunately after Sinon from SAOII I really don't have any new information I can share about this line at this time.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #2907
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Sorry about how inactive I've been recently. I'm still here and drop in our section at least once a week. So ask away, I'll respond to what questions I can.

In that case, I have a question for you guys. Is there any chance we'll see more Uncanny X-Force Fine Art statues?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #2908
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Unfortunately after Sinon from SAOII I really don't have any new information I can share about this line at this time.
Ahh, unfortunate. I appreciate the response anyway, thank you. Does that apply to the Attack on Titan line as well then?

While I'm sure you guys are well aware of the demand, I'd like to reiterate that there are countless fans of each series that love what you've done so far, and hope both of the lines continue. Looking forward to potentially seeing more from Koto if that route is chosen!
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #2909
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

I just received the ArtFX+ Arkham City Batman this afternoon and I absolutely love it! How long before you guys release more characters from Arkham City to go along with Batman? An ArtFX+ Arkham City Catwoman & Harley Quinn are a must have!
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #2910
mortadela
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mister Kotobukiya, in the thread of Wonder Woman artfx 1/6 scale you confirmed that there'll be more DC characters of that line.
Any news about that soon?
mortadela is offline   Reply With Quote