Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #2621
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
My first ever Premium Format statue, arrives next friday. Cant wait!
Welcome to the darkside! Just a tip, be sure to take pictures of the statue before you take it out of the box! Helps if you ever need to rebox it
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #2622
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't own both (I own the Harbottle She-Devil) but have loved the third one as well.

I would offer two main suggestions.

First and foremost, what do you want more - a more battle hardened, fierce Sonja or a softer, prettier Sonja?

Second, does mixed media bother you? The She-Devil is fully sculpted while Scavenger has a leather belt, faux fur and a cloth cape (if you get the EX).
I honestly like both - a battle hardened fierce Sonja AND a softer, prettier Sonja. However, I do feel the She Devil statue reminds me of the Sonja I remember. Mixed media doesn't bother me at all, as long as it's done tastefully and well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
2nd is by far the best.. even better than the 3rd. First is only good if you give her a total repaint, with original paintup it is really ugly !
Yeah the first one was terrible! I remember ALMOST wanting to get the EX back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
2nd by a mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
She Devil for me. Harbottle nailed that piece.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I like both 2nd and 3rd (and own both)......for me, the 3rd is the better, but by a gnats whisker.

I wouldn't be able to give up either sculpt, so which is "better" is purely academic.
That's fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I like the second one better. It's definitely a great representation of what I think Red Sonja should look like.

I like the third one, too. Just not as much. I don't like the EX, so I'm getting the REG later.
I agree with that point of view too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
I like the Second better because in my eyes feels like The Red Sonja i read in comics etc. The 3rds attitude, additional plate armor and different look are great!
Agreed!

Hmmm, I think you gents may have helped me with my decision. I think I will pull the trigger on Aspen, seeing as I'm not sure if we'll see another 1/4 scale statue from the Fathom universe, plus she turned out beautifully. I MAY get RS in the future either on the secondary market, or if she's still available with SS.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #2623
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Well, after a missed attempted delivery i finally got my first PFF today.

1. I'm in love.

2. I. Want. More!

3. This has ruined other lines for me.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #2624
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
So those who have both, which do you prefer? I really like the new one, and own the last one as well, but I'm trying to decide if I make an exception and have 2 1/4 scale statues of the same character. Both are so unique, it's hard to decide.
I'm sorry to have come to the discussion only after you've made your decision. But I'll leave my opinion anyway. I'm a big RS fan and I've been following your stories since I was ten years old. That said, imagine my disappointment when I saw the first RS to be produced, which had nothing to do with the prototype. With Shes the Devil ... I had the same feeling. The statue (at least to me), does not look anything like the prototype. I spent a year waiting for the final production, and the day it came out, in the first photo, I saw that it did not live up to the prototype and it was another great disappointment. The Queen was the only one that came out similar to the prototype presented, and in some particulars, even better, the face became more elongated and less chubby.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #2625
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Here, comparatives. I am referring only to the face of both statues, because, in the end, it is the one that causes more polemic in relation to the prototype and pieces of production.

But I respect the contrary opinions, because I know that in the end it is more of a personal preference of each one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagem1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	117982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagem2.png
Views:	141
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	117983  
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #2626
built2shred
Phoenix

The last two Red Sonja's have turned out pretty nice... but yea that first one was a disaster even though some collectors tried to defend it (basically the SS fan boys)...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #2627
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The last two Red Sonja's have turned out pretty nice... but yea that first one was a disaster even though some collectors tried to defend it (basically the SS fan boys)...
The first RS and Rogue PFs soured me on Sideshow big time. I stopped buying their stuff for awhile but I’ve slowly been buying more Sideshow pieces now due mainly to the sculptors they have working for them. I’m mainly XM and P1 now.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #2628
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
The first RS and Rogue PFs soured me on Sideshow big time. I stopped buying their stuff for awhile but I’ve slowly been buying more Sideshow pieces now due mainly to the sculptors they have working for them. I’m mainly XM and P1 now.
I wanted to stop buying their stuff after psylocke but then i thought who am i kidding, x-23's around the corner and then they dropped punisher which is one of the best pieces i've ever seen....I'm not going anywhere 😩 I'm mainly a SS guy.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #2629
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I wanted to stop buying their stuff after psylocke but then i thought who am i kidding, x-23's around the corner and then they dropped punisher which is one of the best pieces i've ever seen....I'm not going anywhere. 😩 I'm mainly a SS guy.
The SS X-23, Thor, Green Arrow, and Punisher all look amazing to me. In fact, I actually like all of their X-ladies and plan to order all of them except for maybe Mystique. I’m leaning slightly more towards the XM version for Mystique.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #2630
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Oh hello kettle, meet pot again.

How is this any different than XM fanboys justifying mediocre pieces?
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote