Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #1811
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yikes! Very sorry to hear this. Hopefully Sideshow can help you out on this. Let us know the result.

P.S. As you've had this for 6 months, is it safe to say you got this on the secondary market and not directly from Sideshow?
Got it from Sideshow, shipped 02/05/2018. And if they won't replace it, I'll have the pleasure if reattaching all the braids that shattered
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #1812
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
Got it from Sideshow, shipped 02/05/2018. And if they won't replace it, I'll have the pleasure if reattaching all the braids that shattered
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, take multiple pictures and explain things. From what I hear, Sideshow will make it right somehow.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #1813
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, take multiple pictures and explain things. From what I hear, Sideshow will make it right somehow.
Hopefully. They have a 30 day return window. So it don't look good. If they replace just the head, I'll take care of the rest by performing major surgery on this guy. As for you folks that have the same issue and purchased directly, get your request for replacement in. For the money, this is not cool.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #1814
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Really sorry to hear about this. Hope it gets replaced.

But then what's to stop the NEXT one leaning too? (even if you replaced the magnets to stop the head falling off)
There is NOTHING about Sideshow products that makes them worth buying any more.
HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #1815
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
That's a huge issue with ss just like those past cracking paint issues, leans, etc which should've been recalled. But instead they let it sell. I was thinking of getting this. Glad I waited. Now I may pass. This does look good though saying if there was no issues.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #1816
Python
Omega Red

This sounds like a pretty big deal now that a few have shown similar signs. Id be messaging Sideshow to see what they say.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #1817
nurturer
Frackin!

Looking at the figure, it seems the point of failure is in the right ankle. It is supporting ALL the weight on a statue which has a slightly leaning stance already. What they failed to do, and this is beyond me as to why they didn't, is to insert the rod or bolt into the right heel, up through the ankle and past the knee. AND, have a rod on the left foot also. That's the beginning. What really kills me, is that the magnets for the the heads are GARBAGE. USELESS. The head weighs in at a couple of pounds, and the only thing keeping them in place is gravity. Due to leaning, gravity does its thing and increases the likelihood of a fall or roll out. Piss poor structural design. Next to zero thought. Wouldn't surprise me to find out that they have new, lazy management over there at Sideshow. All my other statues, mainly ALIEN, are top notch. The guys that designed this need a class in physics 101.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #1818
MPCanes
The X-Men

Glad I didn't buy this. I can't imagine paying $1300 for a statue and having it go to hell after ~6 months.

Guess I'll wait and see what the P1 Pred looks like.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #1819
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Once again the QC monster strikes. This is totally unacceptable, charging that much for an item just to have it fall apart in a matter of months. What would it take for SS and other companies to get their acts together?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #1820
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

You know, "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote