Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #111
Oblivion100
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Question for Paul...
Male T-Rex was sold out quickly, no doubts it will be same for the Female...
There are some people here that regret for not jumping on the Male, either for financial situation at the moment or they simply didn't knew about your company. Probably it will be the same for the Female Rex
The question is... If you feel that there is a desire from fans and that there is a space on the market after the piece is sold out, for another 150-300 units, do you think it is possible to launch the same piece again in the next 2-3 years for example?
I know that the pieces you've currently launched are limited and are hand numbered on the back of the busts. That makes things a little complicated in the term of launching "the same piece again"... But,...
Maybe you could make the same bust, with some minor changes, for example the same bust with different base, open or closed mouth, etc... Something like JP toys, series1, series2...
That`s like the worst thing you can do as a company.
As a buyer you expect it to be very limited. You don`t want to hear 2-3 years later that they suddenly rerelease it.
Imagine one of your beloved limited edition statues to be released again after some years. You probably wouldn`t like that. It takes away some value of your statue. The male bust has to be kept with this base. Nothing to change about that.

I have some difficulties that they picked exactly the same base for the female bust. Not even some minor changes, except for the name. The style belongs to the lost world. But I understand they choose to do this for displaying it next to the male bust.
They kepped the font, just changed the letters. The bust is entirely new but smaller. That`s why I don`t see any reason it has the same price as the male. It should have been 100 dollars cheaper.

It was better that they created an entire new base exclusive for the female JP1 T-Rex and just named this one the female Lost World bust. Something with electric fence wires for the JP1 female. The colors of the original logo or with a banner "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" hanging below the Jurassic Park logo. This is the main reason I`m not buying this female bust and stick with the male. Eventough I like their work so much.
Oblivion100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #112
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Totally agreed with the posts above, but at the end of the day, it's all about money and what fans want... we will see
@candyrocket786 Yeah, it would be cool to make edition of the female bust with When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth banner on the base
I don't get it, are you asking because you want them to or you are concerned that they would ever consider it?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #113
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I don't get it, are you asking because you want them to or you are concerned that they would ever consider it?
The thing is, I like the Female bust A LOT, but currently I'm in situation where even the 10 month payment plan doesn't help me, so that is where my question came from.
I perfectly understand everyone's opinion, Chronicle can do better, they should keep spreading, getting new licenses, launching new products, and I also understand the desire from fans to have "limited" piece
Also, I realize that CC shouldn't do this because of "my situation", but as I said if the market shows that there is a space for another 300 units in the future, I see no reason why wouldn't they launch the new bust. They could make bust with open mouth (don't want to start again a discussion about the mouth pose, I prefer this one they've launched, but I would jump on this piece in every pose) and completely different base. That would be "new product" in my opinion. There are so many Predator statues out there, with different poses and base, they are limited, and you can't say it's the same piece
I appreciate and understand everyone's opinion, didn't wanted to raise some unnecessary tension, the question was for Paul, and I would like to get straight answer from him, either positive or negative
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #114
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
The thing is, I like the Female bust A LOT, but currently I'm in situation where even the 10 month payment plan doesn't help me, so that is where my question came from.
I perfectly understand everyone's opinion, Chronicle can do better, they should keep spreading, getting new licenses, launching new products, and I also understand the desire from fans to have "limited" piece
Also, I realize that CC shouldn't do this because of "my situation", but as I said if the market shows that there is a space for another 300 units in the future, I see no reason why wouldn't they launch the new bust. They could make bust with open mouth (don't want to start again a discussion about the mouth pose, I prefer this one they've launched, but I would jump on this piece in every pose) and completely different base. That would be "new product" in my opinion. There are so many Predator statues out there, with different poses and base, they are limited, and you can't say it's the same piece
I appreciate and understand everyone's opinion, didn't wanted to raise some unnecessary tension, the question was for Paul, and I would like to get straight answer from him, either positive or negative
its a very legit question/statement, but I highly doubt it will happened. that's the main reason why I jumped and ordered one. although I shouldn't have, because of a trip I have to japan and shouldn't be spending more money on other collectibles, I had to do it because its a once in a lifetime piece!!
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #115
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
its a very legit question/statement, but I highly doubt it will happened. that's the main reason why I jumped and ordered one. although I shouldn't have, because of a trip I have to japan and shouldn't be spending more money on other collectibles, I had to do it because its a once in a lifetime piece!!
I'm glad for you man! The Breakout Rex was one in a life piece for me and I've ordered it!
The thing that made me to post this question is Paul statement from one of the videos... I can't remember the exact words, but it was a discussion on launching new pieces and edition size, and his statement was something like: "... at the end of the day, we have to sell all these products..."
Let's not lie to ourselves, Chronicle has some great communication with fans, but they have to earn for living, so you see the point...
The bust with different mouth pose and base is not the same piece
Old 02-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #116
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Who knows what the future holds. Perhaps they make another 1/5 bust (or smaller) of another T-Rex from one of the other two movies. There's always something good coming right around the corner in this hobby.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #117
Leekson

@candyrocket786
Man, I can imagine Gold edition for the Female...
Base in the shape of the JP logo with some teared wires from the side, small 10,000 volts logo, batteries, remote controller and hidden speaker in the Rex's neck with recorded roars
Imagine that moment when someone come and take a close look at your bust and you suddenly hit the roar button!!!
Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #118
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
They could easily do this, especially if this sells well.

I mean hell... they have a business to run.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #119
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
@candyrocket786
Man, I can imagine Gold edition for the Female...
Base in the shape of the JP logo with some teared wires from the side, small 10,000 volts logo, batteries, remote controller and hidden speaker in the Rex's neck with recorded roars
Imagine that moment when someone come and take a close look at your bust and you suddenly hit the roar button!!!

When I said "Gold" edition , I literally meant painted in Gold, like the crap Prime1 is currently pulling with all their variants.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #120
Leekson

I know you meant literally, but I was thinking more in figurative term