Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #291
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+1 Richard Moore: Friendly and affordable, open to concept. Though, took a loooong time to get things rolling (originally contacted him in December) but no money was exchanged or date set until about a month ago so not really a big deal, was pretty quick when paid. Had piece done in about 3 weeks, provided a rough, generally happy with the piece.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #292
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I have been very neglectful on this thread as I have commissioned a lot of artists and don’t recall doing many (if any) updates here. I will try to add more going forward.

+1 Michael Golden. At Wizard Ohio last year – Michael did a piece at the show that blew my socks off.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #293
CJ82

+1 Kevin West: Via rep Bob at Comic Art House. A bit luke warm on this one but generally good experience when looking back at my negatives... Bob is prompt and friendly to deal with. Kevin took a loooong time to get the art done (originally contacted back around Christmas). Didn't provide prelims. He strayed from some of my notes, and tried a 'new style' that doesn't really work as well as his inked stuff. It's generally pretty close to what I wanted but would have been happier if he followed notes. Happy enough to give a +1 but wouldn't do business again without seeing prelims to make sure he's hitting requests.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #294
CJ82

-1 Steve Scott: Via rep Bob at Comic Art House. Took over 4 months after payment. Paid for "cover quality", got something more in line with sketch quality, nothing like the images advertised on the site, inks came out rushed, sloppy and unfinished looking. Communication was non existent, had to go through Bob several times since direct emails to the artist were being ignored. Finished it 2 weeks ago, still no delivery, I'm pretty sure it wasn't shipped and I'll have to bug them again. Don't really care at this point to be honest. Bob was great to deal with, shame about the end result. Wont be doing business again.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #295
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

-1 Adrian Nelson on deviantart. Paid half up front for three commissions, the first two were done pretty quickly but the third took some time. Ended up waiting more than a year, but would check in every few months or so. Got a lot of almost dones. I told him this past April we'd be even if he just sent me one commission, but he agreed to send me all three and wouldn't charge me the rest, considering I waited so long. Had to ask him if he shipped three times. Gave me three different dates he would be shipping but never did. Finally told him just to keep them, to which I didn't receive a response. Only ended up losing a bit of money, but the pieces he showed me weren't very impressive, so I'm ok with it
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #296
CJ82

+1 John Royle: Fast, friendly, good with communication and open to concepts. Was a bit pricey (might have been because the current wretched state of our dollar exchanging into GBP) but otherwise happy with the experience. Wish all my other commissions went this fast/smoothly.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #297
CJ82

+1 John Lucas: Good communication, pleasure to work with, open to concepts, payment upon completion (always nice). Pleased with the end result. Would have liked to see a prelim, but I forgot to ask for one so not really a big deal, if you're thinking of working with him and like seeing prelims be sure to mention it. Would definitely do business again.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #298
CJ82

+1: Ian Richardson: Good communication very friendly to deal with, open to concepts, provides prelim and payment upon completion. Seems he is currently involved with a couple projects so be aware there might be some waiting time.

Update on Steve Scott: Still no delivery a month later. Guessing my assumption of never mailing the art was correct. Artist won't reply to emails, sent an email last week via his rep, no reply. Rep sent another one yesterday, probably won't reply to that either. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #299
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

A few early morning razzies.

Eduardo Risso: -1. Reason: Failure to deliver upon what was agreed.

Eduardo Risso? Yes guys, that Eduardo Risso. We had agreed to in writing for a larger piece for which I had paid extra $ for and I was delivered something on smaller paper than what it is I collect and paid for. And when I pushed back on it, the response was essentially sorry we can’t do anything for you and you shouldn’t be upset, have a nice day.

Ken Lashley: Neutral. Reason: for a frustrating at home commission experience that ended with a prompt refund.

Look, Ken is a jovial fellow and when he is on it, he delivers absolutely some of the best commissions out there – I have two and they are superb. And when at shows he truly delivers. But if you arrange for a piece to be done at home, prepare yourself. You may get a pleasant experience or you may get an experience where other peoples commissions get prioritized over yours, sketch covers are done ahead of yours, you get the excuses of ‘its almost done’, ‘I just need to lay down inks’, or ‘its done and at the hotel’ all the while nothing has been put on paper for your piece. And I know I’m not the only boardie on here that has been taken for this ride.

After months of back and forth luckily when I asked for a refund I will say he sent it the next day.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #300
CJ82

+1: Staz Johnson: Good communication, open to concept, provided prelim and handled a revision note well, ended up with a great piece shipping out soon. Be prepared to wait, I was on a list for about a month (mind you, compared to other commissions I'm waiting for thats not long at all...), a spot opened up and it sounds like he has others waiting too after me, so be patient. Payment upon completion (which I'm no longer doing, this commission was set in motion before I made that choice, but Staz was trustworthy with me). Happy with experience.

Update on Steve Scott: Another month, still no art. Still no contact. Starting to deal with rep regarding a refund, sent an email last week asking for one, still no reply. Sent another tonight.