Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 02-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #51
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudeRogers View Post
The writer of Super Sons said there will be more Damian and Jonathan and used the hashtag #SuperSonsLives. I think it has more to do with the No Justice event DC is doing because Supergirl, Super Sons, Titans, and Teen Titans all got put on hiatus in the May solicitation.
Thank you for the information. Another event? Wasn't aware given wrapping up Metal and in the midst of Doomsday Clock.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #52
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
You and this piece. It's all right, and I may eventually get it, but I wish it had more red and blue and felt more like Power Girl.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #53
ClaudeRogers
Frackin!

Quote:
Thank you for the information. Another event? Wasn't aware given wrapping up Metal and in the midst of Doomsday Clock.
I could have sworn the Super Sons Lives line was a hashtag, guess I was wrong and instead he just wrote out the words, but here is the tweet I was talking about
https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...46942525952000

So apparently Super Sons is 'canceled' but he seems to hint that there is something happening soon. An option they might be doing is moving Super Sons to the younger DC line (DC Ink and DC Zoom I believe they are called) to give the younger audience some heroes they can relate to and read.

EDIT: As for the No Justice thing, here is an article I found that might help
https://nerdist.com/dc-comics-no-jus...-scott-snyder/
ClaudeRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #54
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Learned from my comic shop her book is being cancelled along with Super Sons. Really surprised me.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #55
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudeRogers View Post
I could have sworn the Super Sons Lives line was a hashtag, guess I was wrong and instead he just wrote out the words, but here is the tweet I was talking about
https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...46942525952000

So apparently Super Sons is 'canceled' but he seems to hint that there is something happening soon. An option they might be doing is moving Super Sons to the younger DC line (DC Ink and DC Zoom I believe they are called) to give the younger audience some heroes they can relate to and read.

EDIT: As for the No Justice thing, here is an article I found that might help
https://nerdist.com/dc-comics-no-jus...-scott-snyder/
I honestly think Jonathan is the best thing to happen to Superman in years. I love their interactions and would be fine if Clark and Lois had another kid. I'm fully on board shifting Superman into middle age dad superhero.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:18 PM   #56
Gothamite
Phoenix

DC is planning a major shake-up that involves a couple more other titles being canceled, too.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #57
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
DC is planning a major shake-up that involves a couple more other titles being canceled, too.
I figured Doomsday Clock would have that effect. Fingers crossed for PG and/or JSA to come back in monthly series.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #58
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I figured Doomsday Clock would have that effect. Fingers crossed for PG and/or JSA to come back in monthly series.
While some of the cancellations serve a larger purpose, I'm sure other cancellations are due to low sales. However, rather than cancelling those titles, DC could just replace the writers. For example, the Benson sisters have tanked Batgirl and the Birds of Prey after a promising start. Joelle Jones is both a writer and illustrator. She'd be a great replacement for the Bensons.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #59
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'm in for all of these EXCEPT Harley, so SOOO tired of all the HQ stuff.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #60
spriggan
The Spirit

I like those statues as well. I probably will get batman, catwoman, joker, and shazam. Anybody knows the scale of these statues?
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote