Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Let's just say I've got an investment that when it hits, I'll be buying the master replicas Millenium Falcon & x-wing, the new ST Enterprise, and a few other grails.
Show me how, old wise one.. although I 'm about 30+ years away from retirement.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I thought comic art and statues were my retirement plan.

Retirement is always on my mind but over the last few years its become a priority. I've seen too many people in their 50s and 60s lose everything and I don't want to be in their shoes.

I contribute to my 401k at work and my company matches me on the first 5 percent. I also contribute to a Roth account and dabble in the stock market. The other big thing I'm working on is making sure my house will be paid off well before I plan on retiring. The last thing I want to worry about is a mortgage payment during retirement.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Work till death or lottery for me!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I thought comic art and statues were my retirement plan.

Retirement is always on my mind but over the last few years its become a priority. I've seen too many people in their 50s and 60s lose everything and I don't want to be in their shoes.

I contribute to my 401k at work and my company matches me on the first 5 percent. I also contribute to a Roth account and dabble in the stock market. The other big thing I'm working on is making sure my house will be paid off well before I plan on retiring. The last thing I want to worry about is a mortgage payment during retirement.
Look at KMP, ETP, BWP, TGP. Pay real nice dividends and are in an industry I feel has lots of growth potential.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I've been actively thinking about retirement for about the last 3 years (I'm 43 now).

The good news is that I have no debt and my expenses are relatively light as I have no dependents, the home is fully paid for, and, aside from collecting, have no expensive habits.

The plan is a simple one;

a. Continue to work full-time until age 55,
b. Work part-time until age 65, (earn 25% of current income)
c. Start collecting military pension at age 55, (provides 50% of current income)
d. Start drawing on retirement income from savings at age 65, (can expect a return equal to 10-20 % of current income)
e. Start collecting federal pension at age 67 (earns about 25 % of current income).
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Look at KMP, ETP, BWP, TGP. Pay real nice dividends and are in an industry I feel has lots of growth potential.
Will do. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I've been actively thinking about retirement for about the last 3 years (I'm 43 now).

The good news is that I have no debt and my expenses are relatively light as I have no dependents, the home is fully paid for, and, aside from collecting, have no expensive habits.

The plan is a simple one;

a. Continue to work full-time until age 55,
b. Work part-time until age 65, (earn 25% of current income)
c. Start collecting military pension at age 55, (provides 50% of current income)
d. Start drawing on retirement income from savings at age 65, (can expect a return equal to 10-20 % of current income)
e. Start collecting federal pension at age 67 (earns about 25 % of current income).
Looks like you are all set.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

I'm banking on the investment I've recently made into this manufacturing co. I have 2 partners and we've put a substantial amount of $ into it. I'm hoping to kick ass for a few years (5) and either sellout to a larger company or to my current partners.

I also have and IRA for the Mrs and a Simple Plan for myself. She can bank $5,000 tax free a year and I can go $11,500 or $13,500 per year.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I plan on setting fire to one of my apartment buildings and dying in the explos uh I mean the tragic fire that claimed my life and having my girlfriend collect the life insurance I have then she's got to go.
After her passing i'll join one of the cartels in Mexico i'm leaning towards Los Zetas then you can call me the mad Russian.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #19
uvajosh69
U talkin' to me?

Don't get divorced. Otherwise you will have to work forever.
uvajosh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I have a good government pension that I contribute to. While I could live off that and the eventual federal pension everyone gets I do still contribute to RRSP's (Canadian equivalent of 401k's) and have become more aggressive in my investing over the last couple years. 25 years of service to retire with a full pension for me but I will only be 45 when that milestone comes. Save for a lucrative job with a different employer I will likely work for 10 years past that.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote