Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #41
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
I sold around $2400-$2500 of old video games and systems on ebay back in March/ April. After paypal and ebay got their pound, i had just under $2000 left.

Everytime i sell something, 10%+ goes to ebay.
I thought there was a $50 dollar cap per auction or did you sell all this stuff seperately?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #42
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
eBay Inc. and its subsidiaries provide online marketplaces for the sale of goods and services, online payments services, and online communication offerings to individuals and businesses in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Marketplaces and Payments. The Marketplaces segment provides online commerce platforms that enable buyers and sellers to interact and trade with one another. It enables online commerce through various platforms, including the traditional eBay.com platform and other online platforms, such as Den Bla Avis, BilBasen, eBay Anuncios, eBay Kleinanzeigen, eBay Annunci, Gumtree, Kijiji, LoQUo, Marktplaats.nl, and mobile.de, as well as StubHub, Half.com, Rent.com, and Shopping.com. This segment also provides various services, including feedback forum, safe harbor program, verified rights owner program, loyalty programs, customer support, and tools and services. The Payments segment offers PayPal, a payments platform that enables individuals or businesses with an email address to send and receive payments online. Its services include joining the network, verification of its PayPal’s account holders, withdrawing money, and trust and safety programs, including PayPal’s seller protection and buyer protection programs. This segment also provides Bill Me Later, a payment solution, which offers transactional credit at the point of sale for the U.S. online consumers.

I find it typical that people in other organizations or businesses, think that what other companies or people do should be so easy. I'll bet anything Ebay has a Data Warehouse where they do all sorts of analysis on data buying trends and as such sell this data to marketing analysis companies is a monstrous undertaking. And I'll bet Ebay's technology unit is heavily involved in Cloud computing (both practical and research). You could say Amazon is nothing more than a retail store online but I know for a fact they are into a lot more than just selling and delivering products to consumers.
Don't think they have it easy, just that even with what you have listed and knowing what we do, I still do not see the need for that large of a workforce. And they are not involved with Cloud in research at least from what I know and have heard. And I know what Amazon is a much bigger beast than a place to buy books and music.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #43
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Ebay is still the best show in town. My basement would still be filled with BD stuff without it. I have made thousands of dollars over the past year or so. While the situation isn't ideal, it is way batter than nothing. There is no way I could have moved all those BD pieces without it.
This is true...

Ebay probably has that workforce for the dispute officers alone!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote