Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

I can only hope that I would handle such a heavy dose of news with such dacorum and support. I doubt I would - but I congratulate you on handling everything thrown at you with such a positive attitude!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
man what a tough way to enter your retirement years. i hope your child understands that you can help emotionally but not financially. your a great papa for dealing with all this with acceptance and love and i hope your kid knows how lucky s/he is.
I agree. I've seen too many people in their retirement years get fiancially drained by their children. They want to help their children but most of the time the best thing they can do for them is cut off the money supply. Not saying this is necessarily happening in your case, hobbit.

I wish you all the best hobbit and things will work out one way or another.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
Primal
Batman

Cant say that I would handle things the same way you have hobbit but hoping things get better for you.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Tattoo-X

Hang in there Keith. It's probably quite healthy for you to talk about it.

I'm having some issues to deal with, which I'm not comfortable talking about.

Although, I will say this. My in-laws are dealing with Shawna's sister right now. She's a bi-polar, skitso, addict. It's affecting the whole family. They've had to take in two of their grand-daughters. One is McKenzie, which some of you have met. We would, but there's issues involved. It was easier for them, since they were already certified with the State; since this has happened before. Anyway, cutting of the money to here (from us and them) was the first thing we had to do. But these issues I'm dealing with, in now way compares to all that you are dealing with.

Be strong.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #15
bat_collector
Galactus

Can I just say I wish all parents were as supportive to their kids as you are! I wish my own would take a lesson from you and mrs hobbit.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #16
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Can I just say I wish all parents were as supportive to their kids as you are! I wish my own would take a lesson from you and mrs hobbit.
I couldn't possibly agree more!!

Keith, you're amazing ... most people would be going stark raving smurf right now, but you continue to amaze and inspire all of us, and each of us is a better person for knowing you ... you Sir are an incredible human being and have every ounce of respect that I can muster.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #17
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I couldn't possibly agree more!!

Keith, you're amazing ... most people would be going stark raving smurf right now, but you continue to amaze and inspire all of us, and each of us is a better person for knowing you ... you Sir are an incredible human being and have every ounce of respect that I can muster.
well said. he is one of my favorite people on this site and it sucks to have to read about problems for him all the time. life canbe very unfair
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #18
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I wish you luck in dealing with all these issues. Just understand that even though it's important to take care of your loved ones, it's equally (if not more) important to take care of yourself. What good would you be in their lives, if you are are not happy or healthy (physically and mentally) yourself? There may be times that you will have to make tough decisions that the people around you might not agree with, but if you know it's right, then they should support you as much as you supported them.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #19
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
You are a rock, Keith! I would've been mush already if I were in your shoes but for you to maintain and be the strength for the missus and the grandchild.

I must say that I'm not one to support SRS and whatever your SON is doing with HIS life but I am here to support you through all your challenges. How old is HE to have an ex wife, a daughter and a girlfriend and still go through a goth and cutting phase??

Do not tap into your own retirement/ financial resources to support the "surgery". You must always look out for number one. For all you know, what if HE changes HIS mind after surgery? Pay for one to fix it??!! If HE wants it bad enough, go earn it and be responsible for HIS own life. To me HE sounds like someone who is not fit to make decisions so you must also guide your granddaughter and make sure she doesn't get messed up in the middle of all this.

I wish TOPHER all the best and pray HE finds HIMSELF eventually, before it's too late. IT doesn't grow back once it's cut off.

And you stay strong, brother. My prayers are with you, mrs hobbit and the little one. God bless.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #20
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Good luck with everything Hobbit. We are here for you bro.
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote