Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #1121
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I think Banner is just as culpable. But he's like mint jelly because he's on the lamb.
Ah...a punster! He's also green...like mint jelly.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #1122
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Oh yeah and the Vision..... Absolutely perfect in every frame in both look and character
This!

Best part of this whole film for me was the Vision!!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #1123
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

I enjoyed the movie but I did not like how they handled Ultron at all. I feel like they tricked us by making us think this was going to be a really dark movie and Ultron was going to be a huge threat by the looks of the trailers. Since day one I personally thought James Spader was a bad choice for Ultron but maybe it's because I saw him on the Office and everytime I hear his voice it reminds me of that role.

I might also be in the minority here but the Vision to me was a let down. Was not impressed when they showed him passing the hammer to Thor.

In all I give it 7/10 also. Marvel needs to have better villains because so far there have been pretty weak ones. If Thanos doesn't f*#" things up in the MCU then I don't know who will.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #1124
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I dont get Vision handing Thor Mjolnir either, has that ever happened in the comics? I dont see the justification behind that happening
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #1125
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I dont get Vision handing Thor Mjolnir either, has that ever happened in the comics? I dont see the justification behind that happening
Ummm... he's worthy...
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #1126
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Earth’s Mightiest Monsters: The Character Arcs Of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON | Birth.Movies.Death.

Great write up on the character arcs. I've yet to watch it a second time, but after reading this it's likely going to make that second viewing a better experience.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #1127
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yup, it was to show those who haven't heard of the Vision before to see that he is worthy and could be trusted. I still didn't like the way they handled it though....would have been better if he had first lifted it up in battle vs Ultron and not just handed it to Thor like he did.

I will say that the Hulk vs Hulkbuster battle was AWESOME...was not dissapointed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Ummm... he's worthy...
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #1128
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
I enjoyed the movie but I did not like how they handled Ultron at all. I feel like they tricked us by making us think this was going to be a really dark movie and Ultron was going to be a huge threat by the looks of the trailers.
Seen this article yet?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...funny-not-dark

"He(Feige) said while the trailers may seem ominous or have a sense of impending doom, the movies do not have that feel, and will not."

...OK...Marvel movies being dark or not - I don't care either way, but why portray a different tone for the trailers? Is the deception really necessary? I just don't understand that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Yup, it was to show those who haven't heard of the Vision before to see that he is worthy and could be trusted. I still didn't like the way they handled it though....would have been better if he had first lifted it up in battle vs Ultron and not just handed it to Thor like he did.
I had no issues with it. They had set it up earlier, with everyone sitting around relaxing, trying to lift it, so when Vision does it as a matter of course, it seems appropriate, and I even got a chuckle out of it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #1129
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Finally I was able to finish my video and I just upload it. Movie reviews are hard to make but they are certainly fun. Check it out!

Avengers Age Of Ultron Video Review

Avengers Age Of Ultron Video Review
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #1130
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I saw this the other night and absolutely loved it. I'd give it a 9.6/10 easily. While there were some issues, no movie is ever going to be perfect compared to personal expectations. For a flick with so much going on, it was handled very well and is, IMO, every bit as good as, if not better than Avengers.

The representation of Vision was far and away much more than I'd have imagined they could pull off. Bettany was brilliant. Also, whereas there have been a lot of costume fails in recent movies, Vision's was electric. Stunning in every way.

I'm not a huge Hawkeye follower, so I'm not sure if it's in the comic book canon, but the reveal of his secret family just floored me. Never saw that coming, but it was really a cool twist.

The Veronica scene was over the top cool. Exactly the kind of Hulkbuster beatdown that we've all dreamt of. I could watch that bit on a continuous loop for hours. Wicked.

The only real letdown for me was Ultron himself. I felt that Spader was a lttle too flippant in his portrayal of what is undoubtedly the Avengers' most dangerous enemy. He was almost ... I'd have to say casual in his plotting the end of humanity. Nowhere near evil enough for me. Didn't really go for that. But what really bugged me about Ultron, and this is a purely technical complaint, was his mouth. A robot body, clearly constructed of metal, and yet he has soft, pliant, organic lips. WTF!?!?! Had the mouth been made of small bits that formed the shapes when he spoke, a la Transformers, I could have bought that, but the handling of the animation here just pulled me right out of the movie. Very poor technical choice by the director and animators.

My other continuing beef is with the ongoing Cap fail costume wise. There have been so many really badass costumes in the recent spate of CBMs, but Cap is always a letdown. The First Avenger was a good start and a great period costume, but was a bit unfinished in that he looked like a normal soldier in blue from the back. (no stripes or star) Since then, Cap's outfits have constantly missed the mark, IMO. In Avengers he look more like Captain Pajamas. The Winter Soldier gear was pretty cool, but not Cap and then they reverted to the FA costume. This one was no better in its incompletion. Captain America is the very definition of "wrapped in the flag" costuming. Why is it that everyone is so reluctant to detail the rear of this costume? The stripes (which just have to be stripes, not some weird squiggly red and white ergonomically designed whatevers) need to go all that way around the suit, and the star on his back is nearly as important. Otherwise, from the back, he's just a guy in a blue suit. It's like Batman without the bat or Superman without the "S". It just doesn't work.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote