good deal:

http://www.tfaw.com/Statues/Profile/...tatue___447910
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #312
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
40% off is great deal. Kind of surprised that it is not sold out. Interest seems to have cooled on Gentle Giant.

I am happy with mine even if I didn't get 40% off. I was displeased with the incorrect shield. Gentle Giant should have gone with a replaceable shield or fixed the design before going into production. I don't worry about it now since the shield front can't be seen in my display.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #313
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
40% off is great deal. Kind of surprised that it is not sold out. Interest seems to have cooled on Gentle Giant.

I am happy with mine even if I didn't get 40% off. I was displeased with the incorrect shield. Gentle Giant should have gone with a replaceable shield or fixed the design before going into production. I don't worry about it now since the shield front can't be seen in my display.

I've been tempted at that price for Captain America (to go with my Black Widow). Then I would need a Hulk and an Iron Man ;D

..there is only one Iron Man I really like, and that's by XM Studio's, and he is Sold Out. Those on Ebay want silly prices.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:42 AM   #314
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I really like the route GG took by going with the promotion shield on their 1/4 scale piece. A lot don't, but I think it's awesome and very unique. It's definitely one of a kind. It reminds me of Cap picking his most favorite & trusted shield to use on a mission. His good luck shield, if you will.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #315
ukshaun
Hercules

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ¼ Gentle Giant

Arrived today

The photo’s are some quick out of the box shots.

For a while I’ve wanted to add some companion pieces to my Gentle Giant ¼ scale Black Widow statue. Some weeks ago I spotted Captain America going for a fair price on ebay from Reel Art Collectibles in Illinois, and pulled the trigger. One month later, he arrived!

As a statue, Captain America is a quality Gentle Giant piece, the same high quality as Black Widow. Heavy, not as heavy as Black Widow. The blue movie accurate outfit looks excellent. I’m neutral with regards to his face. Which is fitting, as while I’m not familiar with the actor, he played the part fittingly, as a clean-cut Captain America. The shield, which looks like metal, appears to be made from plastic.

If i wanted to be super picky - There is room for improvement with regards to the eyes which look cartoony, do not reflect those of the actor who played the part. There is something slightly effeminate about the face, which might have something to do with the eye mouth combination.

The ex display statue looks like new, although I did spot 3 faults:
1. Small piece missing on the rear upper right shoulder strap (no sign of it in the box)
2. Blue paint scuff on the left calf, atleast it appears to be a scuff, which can be fixed.
3. Two hairline line’s on the shield that appear to show a repair.

For the $200 price I’m not complaining.

The two other pieces I want to add to the line-up include:
Iron Man (Hajime Sorayama) from Gentle Giant
Sideshow Hulk Maquette, as Gentle Giant never made a ¼ scale Hulk

Maybe the line-up could be expanded further.

More images here: http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=147668&page=9
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote