Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #5011
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
also lets not forget this won't be the only thanos ever made. Wait for p1, and even SS plus others to do another thanos in time which could be better than this one. Or it would just be more excellent choices.
SO true! Yeah, I was upset that it would cost so much for this piece but really it was a fail by Sideshow, $1200 for nothing and all they had to do at $1200 was put both heads in every box and make a pedistal with the cosmic cube for the EX and it would be a $1200 grail, they went so cheap and skimped so badly on the regular that they wasted a great sculpt. There loss and it will only show others not to be so cheap with what comes in the box.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #5012
danteipp
Hellboy

Wow this statue and thread has it all. Excitement and joy, shock and disbelief, even the five stages of grief it seems. And we are just getting started.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #5013
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think the reg could hold it's value if the ES is pretty low. It's a beautiful sculpt for sure, but does feel incomplete with no switch outs. It's also so much easier to be patient with so many awesome statues coming from XM, P1, PCS etc.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #5014
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I think the reg could hold it's value if the ES is pretty low. It's a beautiful sculpt for sure, but does feel incomplete with no switch outs. It's also so much easier to be patient with so many awesome statues coming from XM, P1, PCS etc.
The most important takeaway is that there are going to be a lot more fantastic statues to come. Made from multiple quality companies.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #5015
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Wow this statue and thread has it all. Excitement and joy, shock and disbelief, even the five stages of grief it seems. And we are just getting started.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #5016
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Just saw this gem of a post. He actually ordered a Jason bust he thinks is laughably bad just he can laugh at it in person? Lol you can't make this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Toulon89

Thanks. Im the biggest ECC fan EVER, but im not BLIND, you know. I have all of ECC's releases (with the exception of Zoanoid Guyver 1/3 that is a total mess, a bland pose and nothing else). I even have Jason LSB preordered, in order to laugh as soon as i see it in flesh !!! The goofiest bust EVER, im laughing hard everytime i see a picture of it. Its pose and especially the position of the hand makes it goofy as f...k

But this Jason 1/3 is ATROCIOUS ! Is Steve joking ? Keep the base and RE-DESIGN everything else, Steve ! This is a joke of Jason !! Build of Jason's body, cloths, mask, pose (what pose?), head proportions in comparison with his body!! PASS. PASS. PASS. PASS

(i am always objective. I love Sideshow but i bashed their Deathstroke PFF. I love ECC, but some of its recent releases are lacking BIG TIME!)
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #5017
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Be strong and wait and you may get an EX after all, remember, it is all marketing hype and there was never even a home for all the XM Thanos and they still are trying to be flipped so dont be so sure there are even 1000 people in the world that really want this statue, 5000 flippers for sure but actual owners for keeps, maybe not and could be $1200 for the EX a year after release, And to boost your condidence the collector (REG) edition would be the highest priced solid hunk of polystone made as anything that pricey has switch out to kill, this piece has nothing at all, less than a Hulk Premium format EX which has 2 heads and sells for $500, this is a heavily overpriced statue if it comes with nothing at all. Period! Wait and see, Apocoplyse had hype and EX was $800, now your lucky to get $500 for the EX on ebay. This statue could turn out to be the biggest waist of $1200 ever for the people who get manipulated into buyer a regular no extras, no frills Thanks, Heck, for $800 today I can buy the XM loaded with goodies. Have patience, I dont think this is going to turn out like flippers hope.
Just saying, SS YouTube video on Thanos hit 40k views as of now. It was at 30k views prior to pre order, so people are aware. Not to say that this dictates how many actually want it, but for it to sell out in under 8 minutes definitely says something.

https://youtu.be/DsQgjBxK2FI
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #5018
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
They had a lot of issues with the base. It looked great and I own one. But they dealt with a lot of send backs and giving people credit. They want to limit the es and focus on quality on a $1200 piece is what I'm saying.
I don't know where you're getting with this information. Unless you have friends that have friends that had issues, because Dark Phoenix only had less than 5-6 people who posted they had issues with the base. The crotch line was stated by SS rep that it was intended. I just don't see why you're exaggerating to make your point. There are hundreds and hundreds of flawless ones.
And yes I agree, SS is most likely limiting the ES for this $1,200 piece to make sure QC/production is AS close as proto, otherwise come next year, you'll see a lot of refunds
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #5019
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

lol the amount of crying and salt in this thread is hilarious.
Bla bla bla its sideshow fault for instant sell out on a $1,200 statue. Bla bla bla don't buy the reg cause you almost certainly will get conversion.
Bla bla bla you idiots will receive a hollow and crap paint production
Bla bla bla my WL was canceled even though I was the 700th person on the WL--I STILL HAVE HOPE
Bla bla bla sideshow tactics and strategy to push their collectors edition sales
Bla bla bla only flippers bought the EX and only 20% are actual collectors

I honestly don't know what to say or think, are you guys even taking a step back and realize what you're saying?
At this point I'm not even sure if sideshow is the more desperate one or those that missed out on EX are the more desperate ones....jeezus take a chill pill and buy a bag of gummy worms guys
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #5020
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
I don't know where you're getting with this information. Unless you have friends that have friends that had issues, because Dark Phoenix only had less than 5-6 people who posted they had issues with the base. The crotch line was stated by SS rep that it was intended. I just don't see why you're exaggerating to make your point. There are hundreds and hundreds of flawless ones.
And yes I agree, SS is most likely limiting the ES for this $1,200 piece to make sure QC/production is AS close as proto, otherwise come next year, you'll see a lot of refunds
Did you miss the pages and pages and pages in the Phoenix thread about the production piece not looking like the prototype? Face color eyes etc..? And after I know there was quite a few people here and on the forums that had cracks and glue on the flames. They said it was made in 3 portions and many people complained about the way it looked glued together.
They can focus on thanos not having those issues with a smaller run and a higher price point is all I'm saying. Not exaggerating anything.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote