Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics > Auto Shop

Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

January - Feb is the best time to buy from what i been told. They try to make room for the new models and sell off all the old ones.

I found its always better to sell off a car with a for sale sign in the window then trying to trade in. Sometimes if lucky you can sell your car a tad less then what a dealer would sell your used car and people would rather get a deal that way.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Galactus - Insight of the Subaru. I've been driving the Outback for the past 9 years (100+ thou miles now) and I've loved every minute of it. I've only just now started having problems w/ her and she just hit 110 thou. I'd buy another in a heartbeat but my family has grown and they don't make a 6 passenger that's in my price range. I will go back to Subaru as soon as my kids have flown the coop.
I've had my '02 Subaru Forester since 2003, and it's still kicking all sorts of ass at 120k miles (bought her new). Supposedly they last well into 200k with no problems (I would think the main "first" problem would be their catalytic converter).

No problems at all .. yet.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
January - Feb is the best time to buy from what i been told. They try to make room for the new models and sell off all the old ones.
True, but then you're left picking from left overs in oddball colors with crap options ... I'm already seeing that happening now ... they're having a shortage of white cars, which is South Florida is arguably the most advisable color to have ... though I'm trying to find one in metallic blue ...and the dealerships are all trying to push the canyon red, which I don't want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I found its always better to sell off a car with a for sale sign in the window then trying to trade in. Sometimes if lucky you can sell your car a tad less then what a dealer would sell your used car and people would rather get a deal that way.
Theoretically that sounds awesome, but the reality is much different, because if I went that route I would have to deal with the dimwitted screwballs in South Florida ... and that's just not gonna happen, I would rather take the hit than deal with the aggravation.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

well if you are going for a specific model, color and options then you cant wait. Trade in is prob the best option.

I waited till what was ever left over and got the best deal, i just wanted a reliable subaru in grey and a base model. Just needed it to get me from point A to B and someting i could afford which is why i like Feb sales.

But im sure you can demand more free stuff or options from them, not like they are selling cars like crazy these days. Just shop around for the dealer who is hungriest for your money.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
Underdog07
Hercules

Trade in amount is not taxed as you already paid the taxes on the original car, so that can be almost another grand
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
Babytoxie
Ghost

I'm happy to see Subaru get some mentions here. I'd never given them much consideration, but after some looking, we are likely going with a Forester or Outback for our next vehicle. Interior-wise, is there much difference betweeen the two in cargo space, headroom, etc? They seem almost identical.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

im looking at the new GMC Terrain
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
antnie
I am da law!

I would not say a car is an investment. A house is an investment.
The actual definition of investment is the action or process of investing money for a profit.
Cars will never bring you a profit.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #19
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnie View Post
I would not say a car is an investment. A house is an investment.
The actual definition of investment is the action or process of investing money for a profit.
Cars will never bring you a profit.
Maybe you can start an investment thread?
Or better yet a correction thread?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
antnie
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Maybe you can start an investment thread?
Or better yet a correction thread?
That was the only thing I remembered from my Economics professor back in High School.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote