Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #1781
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Yeah, I emailed GG about it and I never got a reply.
i emailed GG about the claim on the box a while back...no response. i emailed BBTS and they responded by notifying GG and to request a replacement....still no reply from GG and no update from BBTS
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #1782
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

GG is one of the worst communicative companies out there.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #1783
ReplicantSavior

No reason to deal with companies that have poor communication with all the options available today. There is simply no excuse for it.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #1784
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I spoke with a rep today, they will not make fireball, unless they can sell 500 unites, they will lose money, so it looks like the line will end with Lucky
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1785
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Well that's as good a reason as any not to make her, but I knew it wasn't gonna happen.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #1786
riky
Mephisto

Still check in on this thread from time to time. I don't think I've ever seen a statue line start out more promise and excitement and then be self sabotaged the way it was. Sad to see the way it ends.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:51 PM   #1787
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
I spoke with a rep today, they will not make fireball, unless they can sell 500 unites, they will lose money, so it looks like the line will end with Lucky
If true then the line is over. Fireball didn't have the best design and no way will she sell close to Whisper regular edition numbers since even Whisper hasn't sold out last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
Still check in on this thread from time to time. I don't think I've ever seen a statue line start out more promise and excitement and then be self sabotaged the way it was. Sad to see the way it ends.
And if Gentle Giant isn't careful, they will go the way of the Honey Trap line.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #1788
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Unfortunate news but I'm not entirely surprised. The failure of this line rests squarely on their shoulders. That said they were never fully committed to this as it was clear other licenses took president which lead to the endless delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
And if Gentle Giant isn't careful, they will go the way of the Honey Trap line.
Doubtful. The HT line was always going to be a fringe product, appealing to a select few. The bulk of GG's business is and will likely remain in other areas, namely their long running Star Wars lines which have a very strong, dedicated following. Not to mention GG is owned by 3D systems now and is but one small part of a much larger company. Statue companies abandon pieces and lines all the time, it's nothing new. If GG ceases to exist someday it'll have nothing to do with things like this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:02 PM   #1789
gomur
The Tick

I might be wrong, but the Honey Trap line was conceived before 3D Systems purchased Gentle Giant. Since then the HT series hasn't been much of a focus. Could've been the decree from new management to move away from 1/4 scale and focus more on busts and other licensed scales/series. Maybe the HT line gets more emphasis if GG had remained on its own?

It's a real pity if Fireball doesn't get made. She seems a natural fit alongside Derby. And the possibility of switch-out portraits would've made her an even more unique HT entry. This line has tested the most ardent collector with its delays, but I'm of the mindset that anything good is worth waiting for. And I wasn't disappointed with Whisper or Derby. A shame if GG ends the line one girl shy.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #1790
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I seriously doubt the acquisition of GG by 3D systems had any bearing on how the HT line was handled. As you stated the line was solicited before the acquisition and moved at a snails pace out of the gate. The lack of follow through with it is more likely due to being spread too thin over too many licenses and HT being an in house project took a back seat as a result.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote