View Poll Results: Destroyer vs. Doomsday
Destroyer 36 75.00%
Doomsday 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Destroyer. That said, Doomsday continues to evolve after dying to adapt to his last foe. That said, Destroyer is Odinforce and cosmically powered. I don't think Doomsday could adapt beyond how the Destroyer adapts and channels enough energy force to kill him.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
Doomsday has taken a lot of flack; this character has the potential to beat anybody given enough time. He has killed Superman, beaten Darkaeid, these are no mean feats. I think that the magical element that characters have is important but not necessarily the clincher. Superman is vulnerable to magic but ususally comes through in the end. In some ways Doomsday is too powerful, at least in theory to have a really decent storyline; the only way he was nulified was to take him to the end of time, what superhero is going to content with that power, and I include Marvel hero's.
If Doomsday can evolve to withstand magic then I see a draw or a win for Doomsday.
That's the problem The Destroyer will not give Doomsday time to evolve. He will be disintergrated and there is nothing to evolve from. The disintergration is total, there's nothing there folks. Thats why when Doomsday was defeated in Hunter Prey he was put in Entrophy at the end of time so there would be nothing to evolve from. This of course is what Darkseid "true" Omega's should have done in the first place but that's too easy to write so DD survived to make him seem unbeatable when the Omega's should have erased his a$$. Poor Darkseid jobbs again.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #13
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Destroyer. That said, Doomsday continues to evolve after dying to adapt to his last foe. That said, Destroyer is Odinforce and cosmically powered. I don't think Doomsday could adapt beyond how the Destroyer adapts and channels enough energy force to kill him.
You're missing that fact that its not just a portion of the Odin power in the Destroyer but portions all of earths patheon's in him. Power enough to challenge to Celestial (although not successful). This is simply out of Doomday league. Its just like if Supes have no chance against the Destroyer so wouldn't Doomsday. Sorry fights over.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
You're missing that fact that its not just a portion of the Odin power in the Destroyer but portions all of earths patheon's in him. Power enough to challenge to Celestial (although not successful). This is simply out of Doomday league. Its just like if Supes have no chance against the Destroyer so wouldn't Doomsday. Sorry fights over.
We're in agreement, though. My comment was leading toward the fact that Doomsday couldn't take the Destroyer in the end.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #15
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
We're in agreement, though. My comment was leading toward the fact that Doomsday couldn't take the Destroyer in the end.
Sorry to be so passionate (as you can tell by my avatar who I like).
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #16
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The chrome guy wins lol....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #17
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
The chrome guy wins lol....
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #18
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Doomsday couldn't evolve to this high of a level. He IMO has less of a chance than Sup's did in the other pole.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #19
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
the only way he was nulified was to take him to the end of time

If this is the issue, then Doomsday could potentially fall before the time-spanning might of...KANG!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #20
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Doomsday couldn't evolve to this high of a level. He IMO has less of a chance than Sup's did in the other pole.
Thats what I love about you Hal, even though you're a DC Nationer, you always look at things objectively. Pity the same can't be said about Marvel Zombies.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote