Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #11151
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Malik's films obviously aren't for everyone. I've always felt like his work was best described as visual poetry, and much like poetry it either resonates with you or comes off as pretentious and aimless.
yeah I get and respect his films
they just not for me
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #11152
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
To be fair, the Spirit would probably make the cut of 10 Worst Ever but Good Will Hunting, Watchmen and 12 Monkeys . . . all good flicks in my book
Never bothered with The Spirit. To me it looked awful from the get go. Some films aren't worth my time. So I get that one. Agreed on the other 3 though. I own all of them and consider each one to be well above average, Watchmen especially.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #11153
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Those are part of your 10 worst films of all time? I could understand 10 biggest disappointments, even though I disagree strongly on a few of them, but 10 worst? I'm not sure how many films you actually watch but there are FAR worse films than those out there.
Way worse films out there. Most of those listed wouldn't even come close to my top worse films.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #11154
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Never bothered with The Spirit. To me it looked awful from the get go. Some films aren't worth my time. So I get that one. Agreed on the other 3 though. I own all of them and consider each one to be well above average, Watchmen especially.
I gave The Spirit about 10 minutes (on DVD) before turning it into a very shiny frisbee . . . absolute CRAP
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #11155
Rocket
Art of Mod

I respect that everyone has different tastes, but I'm just staggered that you couldn't take SOMETHING away from No Country. It's a movie (and book) I revist constantly. One of the most intelligent, sublime movies I've ever had the privellige of watching.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #11156
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I respect that everyone has different tastes, but I'm just staggered that you couldn't take SOMETHING away from No Country. It's a movie (and book) I revist constantly. One of the most intelligent, sublime movies I've ever had the privellige of watching.
No offense to anyone, but some people don't like intelligent movies. They like the eye candy or the movie is boring. I love movies like No Country and The Grey, etc They are great story telling films.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #11157
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Dawn of the Dead [George Romero's] 8.5/10 how in god's name does it take me so long to get to things like this!

Snyder's version is maybe a 7/10
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #11158
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

NCfOM is excellent; Best Buy had the BD for $10.. you can bet your sweet caboose that I bought it. Great acting around a relevant storyline.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #11159
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Watched Serenity last night on Bluray...Awesome movie still...just a shame it had to go down like that when Firefly had a few hundred more episodes in it... 9/10
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #11160
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Malik's films obviously aren't for everyone. I've always felt like his work was best described as visual poetry, and much like poetry it either resonates with you or comes off as pretentious and aimless.
Each morning, in this thread I sometimes linger,
Just had Denver Omelette burrito, extra peppers; come pull my finger.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote