Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
snappahead
Producer
Producer

My first cover!!!!

Man, I finally own a cover. And it's from a series I really enjoyed. I've always wanted a nice Ron Frenz Thor piece. This isn't exactly Thor, but it is a great second for me. Eric Masterson fighting an imposter of himself on the cover of Thunderstrike #10. Booyah! I couldn't be happier right now!

Oh, gotta give Fanfare some credit too. They got this out to me with amazing speed. Thanks guys if any of you see this hehe.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Truly an incredible work of art!!!!! Great inks & amazing lines!! Congrats!!!
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Awesome!!! There is nothing like getting your first cover. Come to think of it, I only own 1 cover myself.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Very nice addition snappa.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Awesome!!! There is nothing like getting your first cover. Come to think of it, I only own 1 cover myself.
Ditto!! I was going to say owning a cover is truly an amazing accomplishment. I personally only own one myself.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

oh man. i got super excited. i thought you meant that you are drawing your first cover. this is very cool though in its own right.but im shocked that you arent actually drawing for any comic out now. you have a ton of talent. i think you deserve to have your own illustration job. i would love to see you drawing for marvel or dc.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Thanks a bunch guys. It IS special to have a cover. At least it feels special to me right now. I knew someday I'd have one, but it came sooner than I thought. When I saw this, I just knew I had to go for it. One fo my biggest purchases at $800, but more than worth it for me. The whole Defalco/Frenz Thor run was a real special thing for me as a teenager and Thunderstrike was just as fun, so it's really cool to have a small piece of that. I gotta get more covers now! LOL. I've tasted blood.

Thanks Dev. Actually, I've already done a couple comic covers. Three to be exact. In fact, I did the cover for the Exalted trade paper back that's in comic shops and bookstores now (cheap plug). All in due time I hope. I'm still (kinda) young. I'm hoping I've got alot more career highlights ahead of me.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Thanks a bunch guys. It IS special to have a cover. At least it feels special to me right now. I knew someday I'd have one, but it came sooner than I thought. When I saw this, I just knew I had to go for it. One fo my biggest purchases at $800, but more than worth it for me. The whole Defalco/Frenz Thor run was a real special thing for me as a teenager and Thunderstrike was just as fun, so it's really cool to have a small piece of that. I gotta get more covers now! LOL. I've tasted blood.

Thanks Dev. Actually, I've already done a couple comic covers. Three to be exact. In fact, I did the cover for the Exalted trade paper back that's in comic shops and bookstores now (cheap plug). All in due time I hope. I'm still (kinda) young. I'm hoping I've got alot more career highlights ahead of me.

i knew you had to have done a cover or two already. i thought of the gi joe stuff . i am gonna look for the exalted tpb to see your work. i think its only a matter of time before you get a big job. ill be waiting for it and you can let me be your agent lol
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I'm telling you this original art hobby gets very addicting. I put a deposit on what will be my second cover. I'll pick it up at the San Diego con in a few weeks.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
snappahead
Producer
Producer

No doubt Monster. I'm buzzin so hard from my cover LOL. It's different from anything else I've bought. I want more and more! It's nice to get that feeling though. I don't always get super siked when a new piece arrives. This is definitely special though. I especially like the older covers though. Complete with these awesome paste-ups. I'm a sucker for paste ups. New covers are great too though. Covers just rule. So spill it Monster..what cover you getting? Quit being so secretive about every piece LOL.

Thanks Dev. Yeah, you should be able to find the Exalted trade at Barnes and Nobles or a comic shop. Check it out. It reprints the other covers I did for it, plus the back stories and other pages I did as fill-in work. Yep...you set the stage and I'll plug away LOL.

Thanks for the agent offer. My guy Jim at Udon is a master of pimpin though. If there's a job out there for me, he finds it hehe. He's a machine. can't ask for a better agent than him.