Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #101
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa View Post
EXACTLY
I agree...It's not like Clark has anything to practice on...As the girl said..."Zod is a Warrior"...Obviously he has experience...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #102
sincity
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

if i heard correctly while in the phantom zone the girl that helped clark said that the PZ was a prison for the 28 known inhabited galaxies.
so does this open the door for some other DCU alien races to make a smallville appearance like say mongul, lobo, or darkside??
sincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #103
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity View Post
if i heard correctly while in the phantom zone the girl that helped clark said that the PZ was a prison for the 28 known inhabited galaxies.
so does this open the door for some other DCU alien races to make a smallville appearance like say mongul, lobo, or darkside??
Didn't think of that...DAMN good point...
Old 09-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #104
RC212
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just want to say that Supergirl's name is Kara not whatever the PZ girl said her name was, and she was Kal-el's cousin not an Assistant to JOr-el... I don't know what they will do with her but she sould not be Supergirl...
RC212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:00 AM   #105
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Meteor, he was letting Zod put a beating on him IMO so he could get into a position to send him into the PZ ... not to mention, he is just realizing his powers while Zod is fully aware of his powers

Preciate what you're saying JG, but if Kal-El isn't fully aware of his powers yet, he is one freakin slow study!!! We've been watchin him kick the stuffin out of alot of baddy's over the last FIVE YEARS!!! I understand what you're trying to say, but there is so much inconsistency in the handling of Superman in every tv series, cartoon and or movie that he's ever been in over the years and that includes Smallville. I'm just sayin that I'm sick to death of him being totally wimpified whenever it suits the storyline, or whoever is directing the episode,or "whatever". Clark is physically alot bigger and stronger than Lex. Plain and simple. If they were to get into a fight as regular old human beings, my moneys on Tom Welling to kick the **** out of Michael Rosenbaum. SO...if you add superpowers to the mix and they are now both invulnerable......My money is still on Tom Welling. Know what I mean? I don't care if Zod has fought a thousand battles. He did it without superpowers, since he lived on Krypton and was sent to the Phantom Zone from there. And, he should have been able to pound on Kal-El all day and not be able to stun him anyway. I guess unless the director wants it too...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #106
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity View Post
well, like all the speculation here has stated, *anything* could have been sucked through, so we shall see. however, the "door" was only open for that very short period of time. it is not still open.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #107
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Finally got around to watching this. Great show. Loved seeing Lex, as Zod, fly. And I loved the homage to Superman II. I didn't know how he was going to do it but when Clark knelt before Zod and took his hand, rather than Chris Reeve's crushing Terrance Stamp's hand, I knew something was up! Also, loved the images of the Superman II Zod flashing around when Clark pressed that talisman against Lex's hand!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #108
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Finally got around to watching this. Great show. Loved seeing Lex, as Zod, fly. And I loved the homage to Superman II. I didn't know how he was going to do it but when Clark knelt before Zod and took his hand, rather than Chris Reeve's crushing Terrance Stamp's hand, I knew something was up! Also, loved the images of the Superman II Zod flashing around when Clark pressed that talisman against Lex's hand!
Only a little over 2 hours to the next one...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #109
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
Only a little over 2 hours to the next one...
and a good one it was!

How about Borneo?
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #110
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
and a good one it was!

How about Borneo?
The next one looks to be better...Dunno how these people do it...