Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Not Sure What to Title This As.

I almost got killed in a car accident yesterday (and my airbag didn't deploy... fail), and now money I've been socking away for a business I was starting is going towards my deductible to get my car replaced.

I work graveyard/early morning shifts, and worked two of them back-to-back, and fell asleep 10 seconds from my house, creaming a neighbor's fence and his tree. Not the first time that I've fallen asleep while driving this year; never had this problem in prior years. The cops were involved, and treated me as if was a drunk driver... they didn't give me a breathalizer, but still seemed fit to handcuff me. I don't get that at all. Never been in handcuffs before. A friend's dad is a respected attorney, so I he's doing the court legwork for me.... I'm assuming not pro bono. lol

I know I'm rattled right now, because out of all my female/male friends to call, I called my ex-wife first, whom I haven't talked to in 2 years, since our divorce. She was understandably concerned for my safety.

Not sure why I posted this... but... yeah; just thought I'd give the head's-up.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

Wow Ry, I am so sorry to hear that - but I am glad you are okay! I know how it can be to be driving while dead tired... Scary feeling! I've never actually fallen asleep, thankfully, but I know I've been close.

So sorry for all your troubles bro! I hope everything works out alright
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

First off, glad you got through the accident without serious injury or, even worse, injuring anyone else.

Not certain of what the laws are where you are, but in recent years the definition of impaired driving has been expanded to include lack of sleep and other medical conditions even for non-commercial use of a vehicle. This means that when you get into the car you are assuming the legal responsibility to be able to safely operate that vehicle. Driving while fatigued isn't a criminal offense as it is with being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, but it is a violation of road safety.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Damn, Ryan! Thank God you're okay. Sorry about what happened, man. But it seems the bond that you felt with your ex is still strong. Any chance of rekindling that ol' feeling? Hope things work out for the best, brother.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Wow man. So glad you are ok and at least it was only a tree and a fence that was involved and not another car. I'd see a Dr for the sleeping issue in case it's something like Narcolepsy. If not, then you need to make sure you get enough sleep to prevent a re-occurance where you might not be so lucky.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Glad you're all right. Will you be selling some statues cheap to cover your losses? If so, LMK so I can help you out!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Renting a car today. My transmission was on its way out as of a few months ago... bought my Subaru with 6 miles on it new a decade ago, put another 140k on it myself. It had some life in it still, but eventually I'd have to dump $2k into it anyways, seems like.

My claims adjuster is supposed to come out tomorrow (or yesterday, but she didn't).. and I meet with my attorney tomorrow.

I'm hoping she says the frame is salvagable/fixable, but I doubt she will. I love this car.

$2k, not $2. lol

Last edited by Argonus; 04-14-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

The narcolepsy thing doesn't run in my family, but I'll be addressing it, for sure.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

At least it was only the car that was damaged, and not you. Take care of yourself mate.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

No damage to the body... but the tree (limb) did its work to the top and my windshield.. and somehow not to me.

Last edited by Argonus; 04-14-2013 at 11:33 AM.